What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Hmmm. Not the best Zevon album. 

Yeah but I'm running out of Zevon vinyl to purchase. Think I've got em all now bar the 1969 debut, before his stuff only started coming out on CD

51S%2BWQsOXkL._AA160_.jpg

Based on director Robert Wilson's horrific tale of a 19th century Prussian soldier subjected to medical experiments after being driven insane by his cheating woman, Tom Waits' Blood Money is-contrarily--the funniest Waits album since his late 1970s drunken cabaret period. The musical landscape is painted by alternately stomping or swaying jazz rhythms and melodies, pizzicato strings, sexy mutant Latin guitars, wailing harmonicas, lyrical clarinets and drunken brass, while Waits utilises every voice--from poisoned croon to martial rant--that he's ever stumbled upon, as his metaphors and killing jokes turn horror into bleak hilarity.

Ignore those who say that Blood Money is the evil, inaccessible twin of the concurrently-released Alice--they perhaps don't appreciate the desire for redemption and the love of humanity that lies behind the ironies of all great black comedy. Blood Money is a new musical and poetic peak, and the greatest Tom Waits album yet. --Garry Mulholland

Edited by leemond2008

41UNwT6p6CL._AA160_.jpg

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

the man is quick becoming a legend in my eyes, his stuff with the DTB's was brilliant but he is constantly growing into his role as a solo artist, **** brilliant, his first 2 albums had some absolute **** brilliant stuff and some fillers but this album is just pure excellence, I have gotta say this is 10 out of 10 for me

• Like 2

I used to own that album. Knew the words to quite a lot of the songs.

And I did, I'm laughing to myself listening back to it now surprised how much I remember. I bout that and 'Sing When you're winning' at the same time in Tamworth Asda out on a shopping trip with My Dada one day when I was 14 and listened to them both one after the other over and over again thinking they would make me a silver-tongued charmer with a boyish charm'...what an idiot I was  still am.

Dark days.

0.jpg

Back at my mums where half of my cds are so I'm having a music night tonight in my bedroom. Got deep purple, who do we think we are, lined up next then black sabbath live at hammersmith odeon 78. Probably finish off with free, heartbreaker. Sod the neighbours

Edited by Rugeley Villa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â