What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

bencover.jpg

Ben Frost - By The Throat. Bleak and desolate, yet chilling and intense ambient music. Very Nordic and very cool. Music for headphones and a winter night.

Edited by JamieZ

pg-26-face-3.jpg

I don't know why but I had an urge to listen to this today its been at least a good 12 months since I last listened to it, fantastic album.

p.s. I was careful about which picture of the album cover I used on this post

Apart from "Do What You Like". 

Never give the drummer a featured track, let alone the longest one on the album at over 15 minutes.  :rant:

'Ege Bamyasi', 'Tago Mago' and 'Future Days' are the three to own.

'Soundtracks', 'Delay', 'Soon Over Babaluma' and 'Monster Movie' are good.

Anything else and you're on your own ;)

whilst it's of little importance, that's probably one of the worst pieces of cover art I've seen 

it must have been knocked up in 6 minutes by somebody that didn't like the band

I was primarily after the track 'Mother Sky' but already there are a couple of others on there that I'm chuffed with.

Whilst I was in the shop, out of the corner of my eye there was a CD of old African psychedelia, that'll be next! Being based in town again is costing me a fortune.

That's pretty good.

Sir Victor Uwaifo and T.P. Orchestra Poly Rhythmo of Benin are great.

The early Soundway and Analogue Africa titles are sound, though watch out for doubling up with tracks - There's T.P. Orchestra stuff on all these labels.

'The Beginners Guide to African Funk' is nice too, you've got a Bolly one already iirc?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â