What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

deafheaven-sunbather-300x300.jpg

Epic post-rock, shoegaze album. One of the best this year.

Don't quite buy into the hype for this, but fwiw Dream House and Irresistible are absolutely fanfuckingtastic. Too many boring interludes and Vertigo really bring this album down. Also, it's very much a black metal album.

Currently listening to:

Nachthymnen.png

90's black metal from Austria. Excellent stuff, and has Silenius from Summoning on vocals for a little trivia.

Don't quite buy into the hype for this, but fwiw Dream House and Irresistible are absolutely fanfuckingtastic. Too many boring interludes and Vertigo really bring this album down. Also, it's very much a black metal album.

Haha - Vertigo is one of my favourite tracks on it :D

Yeah, there's definite black metal touches to it, but I think the shoegaze, and post rock elements make it a really expansive album.

B0027DQHI2.01_SL75_.jpg

Like the Naxos Korngold film scores, but for the Violin Concerto I'd gravitate to the EMI orchestral works double CD.

Naxos also do the historic Heifetz recording. Jascha Heifetz was astounding, "Too perfect" was a criticism leveled at him by one of my academic former customers.

2u63dk6.jpg

The Soundcarriers - 'The Other World of the Soundcarriers'

It's pretty much instro, what vox there are wordless. The overall production is more retro soundtrack and cavernous than both 'Celeste' and 'Harmonium'.

Waited for a CD, only to find it was going to be vinyl or nowt. :mellow: Disappointing.

Never mind, it's a cool album. Pretty looking press, and as a nice touch, it finishes with a locked groove.

2u63dk6.jpg

The Soundcarriers - 'The Other World of the Soundcarriers'

It's pretty much instro, what vox there are wordless. The overall production is more retro soundtrack and cavernous than both 'Celeste' and 'Harmonium'.

Waited for a CD, only to find it was going to be vinyl or nowt. :mellow: Disappointing.

Never mind, it's a cool album. Pretty looking press, and as a nice touch, it finishes with a locked groove.

Nice Decca "World Of..." parody artwork. 

e.g. 

RLP_3303.jpg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â