Italian Football

Troglodyte

Is Pioli actually a good manager or not?

He's managed both Milan clubs in his career, Fiorentina and Lazio since 2014. He has never won anything in his career. Highest finish was 3rd with Lazio in 14-15.

Just seems a big Sam/Pulis type to me who's somehow ended up getting caretaker gigs at whichever big Italian club is having trouble mid season.

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Pioli actually a good manager or not?

He's managed both Milan clubs in his career, Fiorentina and Lazio since 2014. He has never won anything in his career. Highest finish was 3rd with Lazio in 14-15.

Just seems a big Sam/Pulis type to me who's somehow ended up getting caretaker gigs at whichever big Italian club is having trouble mid season.

Not sure he's anything special although winning stuff in Italy you have to be manager of Juventus. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Simone Inzaghi won Coppa Italia just last season as manager of Lazio.

True, but that was the first title since 13/14 (cup and league) that Juve didn't win.

They've won the league for 8 straight season.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Simone Inzaghi won Coppa Italia just last season as manager of Lazio.

Can now add the Supercup to that haul, beat Juve 3-1 just now. Juventus had their full strength team out.

Can't really see Sarri being there next season so Juve could look at Inzaghi as a replacement. Or Pochettino.

• 5 weeks later...
On 26/01/2020 at 17:10, maqroll said:

Is it just me or is the pitch at Rome stadium really narrow?

66m. Villa Park is 68m. 

I’d imagine it’s to do with the running track. The main camera is a fair bit further from the pitch than it is at most stadiums so they’d have to use a longer lens which will compress the pitch.  

• Like 1

Daniele De Rossi :D 

Rome-Lazio, Daniele De Rossi disguises himself and goes to see the derby in SOUTH CURVE

Romanist Pages - He said it and did it. Daniele De Rossi returned to follow Roma to the stadium , just as he did as a boy. The player was immortalized in the Curva Sud while watching the derby against Lazio . Another manifestation of love for the yellow and red colors. The former midfielder disguised himself and went to the stadium

https://www.pagineromaniste.com/roma-lazio-daniele-de-rossi-si-traveste-e-va-a-vedere-il-derby-in-curva-sud-foto-e-video/

Daniel Maldini became the third generation of his family to play for AC Milan as he made his debut in their 1-1 draw with Verona on Sunday. Cesare, Paolo and now Daniel

That's pretty cool.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Lazio have been in amazing form domestically.

Beat Juve 3-1 twice too

Ciro Immobile keeps banging em' in

92 league goals and 22 assists in 128 Serie A games for them is just fantastic.

25 in 23 this season

Used to love me some football italia in the 90s.

Would sit in my bedroom with some grub, and chill watching football italia on a weekend, loved all the highlights.

Batty-goaaaaaal (batistuta)

And that intro.....gooaaaaal lazioooo (golazo)

Good memories.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Feel like Serie A is getting that spark back.

i saw a really good short video on the resurgence of Italian football.

Apparently (not sure if its this year or next), there are some tax cuts planned that effectively mean the Italian clubs will be able to spend a LOT more on player wages, basically because due to the tax reductions they can offer more wages (ie: the players will keep more due to reduced tax incentives), this will supposedly allow serie A to a) keep more players as they can afford higher wages, and b) attract better players due to easily being able to afford higher wages.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â