Italian Football

Troglodyte

I hope they dont win it. Bouncing back so quickly after calciopoli proves it was hardly a punishment at all.

And AC Milan wasn't involved?? And the team Milan has assembled are rather expensive compared to Juve. So all credit to Conte if they win it. Any other manager would have them as mid-table team, which they were rather long enough after coming back from Seria B.

But weren't Milan punished for asking referees to be changed, not match fixing? But asking for that is illegal? So they didn't do anything to change the outcome of games, just something illegal. There's a huge difference (which is why they weren't relegated in the end).

I hope they dont win it. Bouncing back so quickly after calciopoli proves it was hardly a punishment at all.

And AC Milan wasn't involved?? And the team Milan has assembled are rather expensive compared to Juve. So all credit to Conte if they win it. Any other manager would have them as mid-table team, which they were rather long enough after coming back from Seria B.

But weren't Milan punished for asking referees to be changed, not match fixing? But asking for that is illegal? So they didn't do anything to change the outcome of games, just something illegal. There's a huge difference (which is why they weren't relegated in the end).

Wasn't Juventus punished for asking to change referees? I must have missed the whole thing, since it was so badly explained. Anyway, isn't changing referees match fixing too? Why did Milan want exactly those referees?

Sorry, but the whole deal seems so bizarre. The worst thing is, as I remeber it, that someone had recorded the calls, and that Inter Milan was not charged..Did they make a deal to take out the other two teams that had always been better? In bonus they got 2 championships?

Now we are back in normal mode...Juve and AC Milan on top, Inter struggling.

Anyway, isn't changing referees match fixing too? Why did Milan want exactly those referees?

Because they felt certain referees were getting lots of wrong decisions against them, so obviously they didn't want them. It turns out they may have been right given what happened years later.

Anyway, isn't changing referees match fixing too? Why did Milan want exactly those referees?

Because they felt certain referees were getting lots of wrong decisions against them, so obviously they didn't want them. It turns out they may have been right given what happened years later.

So they wanted referees that was bad for the opposition? Hence, good for them...hence match-fixing?? Didn't Juve do the same? I can't see the difference.

With regards to new kits, once the season has started and the team is playing, the quality of the kit is forgotten whether good or bad. I know before the season started I hated the Villa home shirt. But now, I dont even think about it. Its just a claret and blue top.

So they wanted referees that was bad for the opposition? Hence, good for them...hence match-fixing?? Didn't Juve do the same? I can't see the difference.

That's not what I said. Milan believed certain refs were pro-Juve and they did not want these referees doing Milan games. So they ask for none-biased refs to officiate. They weren't asking for help, they wanted fair refs - not Juve refs. I don't see how that's match fixing, it's just against the rules.

That's not what I said. Milan believed certain refs were pro-Juve and they did not want these referees doing Milan games. So they ask for none-biased refs to officiate. They weren't asking for help, they wanted fair refs - not Juve refs. I don't see how that's match fixing, it's just against the rules.

I don't think there were any Juve-refs. The point is that Juve and Milan did the same thing. They both wanted other referees. Juve were just better at choosing, since they won Serie A...so they got punished harder. This Milan wanted to avoid Juve-refs is just an excuse after they were exposed. Anyway, this is in the past...Too bad Inter got away.

Juve were caught asking for particular referees, it's on tape, that's why they got such a punishment. Inter were obviously involved, but apparently they can't take the league titles away now because it happened too long ago. How ridiculous.

Juve were caught asking for particular referees, it's on tape, that's why they got such a punishment. Inter were obviously involved, but apparently they can't take the league titles away now because it happened too long ago. How ridiculous.

Yeah, but they didn't pay the referees??? I just don't see it as such a big scandal. I mean, it is a big deal, but it wasn't match fixing of the highest degree. I still believe that Milan was equally guilty. To choose away a group of referees is the same as choosing a group of referees you want to officiate your games...

Anyway, it is in the past...I have been a Juventus supporter since the days of Baggio...so it was hard to swallow the relegation.

It wasn't equal, hence the respective punishments. I personally don't dislike Juve though and this is a truly historic season for them if they go undefeated. The sentimental side of me wouldn't mind it as an amazing send off for the great ADP.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â