Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Once you get to quite a few participants, some of whom are senior, it's impossible. The scheduling assistant would suggest August 2057

Sorry. I'm busy. 

2 hours ago, limpid said:

If you all have so many meetings in your calendars, when do you actually do any work?

We've just had a new regional manager who has basically told everyone to reign in the meetings. Superb. Stupid **** weekly Friday team meeting where we talked about **** all because we'd all been sitting together on Monday and Tuesday talking about anything important anyway cancelled.

It was excruciating. Yes, all that shit I told you about last week is still hanging about this week. Not enough time has elapsed for anything to change yet.  Aaaggghhh. 

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, blandy said:

There's 2 aspects (at least). First one is that you (me) maybe is involved directly for 40 minutes or so, maybe presenting something, or explaining something, but then there are other areas where you (I) might have a question, or see an aspect that isn't or wasn't apparent to other participants. And that the time spent in there also allows you (me) to gain a wider understanding of an area. That's the first one.

The second is that (especially for remote meetings) you can crack on with something else, while you're waiting for your go, or are not directly involved.

But often, you're right, it's a waste of your (my) time for a large part of it - I'd tend to excuse myself if that were the case.

I'd be amazed if one of our client meetings lasted less than 3 hours. 

They will firstly turn to the premium page, ignore the list of costs and ask why they are paying so much for their Motor Insurance. First thing, every time. They could be paying £1m for their Professional Indemnity but they'll go straight for the motor. 

"That's more per vehicle than I'm paying for my wife's motor" is the usual comment. Then they'll tell you all the other premiums are too high. 

Then they'll go through each policy in order asking why they are buying each one which has to be explained (as it was last year, and the year before, and the year before that). Then they'll talk amongst themselves pulling together a million different increasingly ludicrous scenarios and asking if they are covered. 

Then they'll ask where all the figures came from the premium was based on and we'll advise they provided them to us. Then they'll argue amongst themselves about why those figures are what's shown. Then we'll be given a new set of figures and have to go back and re-do all the premiums. 

Be lucky to ever get away in less than 5 hours unless it's a small client with just an owner manager. But he'll just tell you as a complete suprise he's got an alternative quote from Dodgy Broker Am We from Dudley and you're sacked anyway. 

Edited by sidcow

Yeah mine are normally 3 hours with a fair number of topics having a director step in and say "take it offline" meaning several other meetings planned for the rest of the week 

It's 3 hours of throwing every single problem out there and hoping for a solution, I spend the entire 3 hours waiting for the line 

"This is your problem Mr Builder"

Just so I can unmute myself and reply

"Is it **** Mr architect you can **** right off"

Followed by

"Take it offline"

I can have meetings with 50 things discussed and 3 of them require me to chirp up, some weeks it will be mega important some weeks it will be completely trivial but I have to be there 

Edited by villa4europe

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â