Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Fair play either way...

...but you can still be sober and drink alcohol...

...unless you can't, and that's why you're refraining!

I'm refraining as I've been on a bit of health thing after some illness earlier in the year  , it was kinda scary at times and I figured that losing some weight would definitely help long term.

I've  managed to lose 10 kilos since May but without doing crazy stuff like eating salad or giving up spare ribs  .. alcohol and sugar have been the main thing I've given up , plus I've been doing regular exercise 5 times a week ( tbf i always did that , its just I'd do a 5 mile run then eat a packet (or 2) of biscuits  afterwards :blush: 

but , yep you are right , I could drink but keep it moderate  ..it just usually an event like this will end up with me coming home around 4am waking up Mrs H by opening the curtains and saying I can see Uranus  and laughing to myself for the next few minutes 

my mates have been pretty good tbh , not once have they put pressure on me to drink on a night out  , so there won't really be any peer pressure on me to down 57 shots .. but , hey its been nearly 9 months I deserve a blow out  :) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Whenever I go to the GP or the dentist, they ask me how much I drink and I say next to nothing, sometimes maybe one can of IPA on a Friday evening, some weeks not even that. Last time I had multiple drinks in the same week it was Christmas.

They look at me, like, c’mon…

I’ve clearly got the face and the health of a drinker.

ha .. I know that feeling , I often feel like i need to lie and say yep 10 pints a week rather than get that Ann Robinson type look off them 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

He can't drink alcohol...

like proper men because he's a shandy drinking southerner. Gets drunk on a thimble full of beer and falls over onto his gold paved streets until one of the many many Bentley Continentals  runs through a puddle and splashes him awake again.

fixed that for you :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

ha .. I know that feeling , I often feel like i need to lie and say yep 10 pints a week rather than get that Ann Robinson type look off them 

I remember a mate telling me about an interview he once had to do to get life insurance. 

Questioner: "How would you describe your alcohol consumption - teetotal, light, moderate or heavy?" 

Mate: (swallows hard) "Er, 'moderate', I guess..." 

Questioner: "So, about three pints of beer a week, then?" 

Mate: (fights back incredulous spluttering): "Er, yeah, OK then..." 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember a mate telling me about an interview he once had to do to get life insurance. 

Questioner: "How would you describe your alcohol consumption - teetotal, light, moderate or heavy?" 

Mate: (swallows hard) "Er, 'moderate', I guess..." 

Questioner: "So, about three pints of beer a week, then?" 

Mate: (fights back incredulous spluttering): "Er, yeah, OK then..." 

14 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I regularly wonder if I am the only person alive who generally doesn’t give a 💩 about sci fi/superhero/fantasy content 

the-shining-creepy.gif

Lord of the rings and other goblin and fairy stuff I couldn’t care less about. Super hero stuff I couldn’t care less about.

Sci fi, I quite like Alien and a couple of other bits n bobs, but not so much that I would know the names of anything but the lead characters.

But that doesn’t matter. There are people out there that don’t like pre Victorian gravestones or silly car drag racing, you just have to accept not everyone likes the same thing.

I bet there are grown men on this very board that know the names of current female pop singers, but don’t know the best line up of Dr Feelgood or anything about Impressionism despite numerous BBC 4 programmes by Waldermar Januszczak.

Grown men liking dressing up play wrestling. That’s where the weirdos are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think I agree but the generally is going a lot of work in that sentence

If you mean the latest marvel film or lord of the rings spin off or disney tv series about star wars or the thing everyone loved with tits and dragons in then I'm with you.

If you mean though, that you have no time for anything in any of those genre's you're on your own. There are obviously some great classic films and TV in all those genres imo.

Since you created a scale, I’m somewhere in the middle, probably slightly closer to the latter option, though my “generally” caveat probably includes all of your “great classic films and TV in all those genres.” 

If I stand alone, so be it 😉

On 05/09/2024 at 18:35, Marka Ragnos said:

Why does everyone think they know what "common sense" is, but when you actually ask people to define it, they sound idiotic?

Geezers need excitement
If their lives don't provide them this, they incite violence
Common sense, simple common sense

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â