Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

What if you didn't  catch them, and they bounced off you and hit Nigel Farage, and they were peanut M&Ms? Could that  count as assault (if he had a peanut allergy)?

Fingers and toes crossed this happens and he is. 

I'd tickle him in the hope one landed in his giggling open mouth. 

I'd shrug my shoulders and raise my hands and say "how was I to know he had a peanut allergy? We were just having a bit of fun". 

Edited by sidcow

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Fingers and toes crossed this happens and he is. 

I'd tickle him in the hope one landed in his giggling open mouth. 

I'd shrug my shoulders and raise my hands and say "how was I to know he had a peanut allergy? We were just having a bit of fun". 

Careful now. That sort of talk can get you a prison sentence these days!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colhint said:

Has @Nor-Cal Villan ever lived in the uk? He seems to get British humour and sarcasm

😁

I think he is born and bred MAGA and all of his cultural references come via PBS reruns of Some Mothers Do Have Em. I am looking out for him saying “whoopsie on the carpet”

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think he is born and bred MAGA and all of his cultural references come via PBS reruns of Some Mothers Do Have Em. I am looking out for him saying “whoopsie on the carpet”

Ooohh, Betty doesn't. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

As far away from MAGA as it gets 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I assumed he was an expat.  Proper Brummie loike

Nope, though I appreciate the sentiment. I lived in London for 6 months in 1987. Was supposed to be longer but I bailed. Work thing, was 21 and stupid. Other than that 2011 is the only time I was there, probably 10 days total at the beginning and end of a Euro trip. Always been a bit of an Anglophile. No doubt picked up a lot of stuff from watching so much 🇬🇧 TV, participating in forums like this, and from close friends in London for over 20 years. I’m a sponge for info, slang, etc

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Nope, though I appreciate the sentiment. I lived in London for 6 months in 1987. Was supposed to be longer but I bailed. Work thing, was 21 and stupid. Other than that 2011 is the only time I was there, probably 10 days total at the beginning and end of a Euro trip. Always been a bit of an Anglophile. No doubt picked up a lot of stuff from watching so much 🇬🇧 TV, participating in forums like this, and from close friends in London for over 20 years. I’m a sponge for info, slang, etc

Fair play!

I know/knew a guy from Chico and he's cool too and Sierra Nevada beer is from there.  I like Chico.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Fair play!

I know/knew a guy from Chico and he's cool too and Sierra Nevada beer is from there.  I like Chico.

Small world! Most people outside of California don’t know Chico exists, and if they do it’s due to Sierra Nevada and/or Aaron Rodgers. Oh yeah, and fires 👎👎 How did you know this guy? Sierra Nevada is about 2 miles from my house. If the wind is blowing in the right direction we get that glorious brewing smell wafting over our neighborhood 

25 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Small world! Most people outside of California don’t know Chico exists, and if they do it’s due to Sierra Nevada and/or Aaron Rodgers. Oh yeah, and fires 👎👎 How did you know this guy? Sierra Nevada is about 2 miles from my house. If the wind is blowing in the right direction we get that glorious brewing smell wafting over our neighborhood 

Oh yeah Aaron Rodgers (used to like him too).

I met him when I taught English out in South Korea, he was doing the same.   The guy I knew, not Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â