Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder how many VTers actually play the YT vids in the music threads. 

I also wonder the same about the hundreds of movie recommendations I've posted over the years 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I do, there are a few who I play because I trust them, and a few post songs by artists I love so will give that a blast, I listen to a lot in all honesty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I also wonder the same about the hundreds of movie recommendations I've posted over the years 🤔

You like movies?

(no seriously, I've watched dozens of your recommendations, it's appreciated)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've watched many a film that you've recommended. Unless it's Korean/Japanese/Asian stuff. That's just a market I can't tap into. 

Oh, and horror. That genre, for me, can **** right off. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

If its something i havent heard and its a poster who's music taste I trust then I do tend to.

Well, yes. I suspect there are multiple subcultures operating in those threads - I will VERY rarely listen to the metal stuff; the hip-hop or EDM, never. I also tend to avoid the post-rock. And If I'm already familiar with it, there seems no point in playing it. Maybe the odd country track. But the point is that - unlike some threads (boxing, wrestling, etc.) I don't ignore them - I scroll pretty much every day - but hardly ever click. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

My gripe with them is that they are not searchable. Not that I really need it other that to check if somethingis already posted.......by myself 5 years earlier.

• Like 2

Depends on how impassioned someone is about it.

If someone was to post a song link with accompanying text along the lines of “think this might be my favourite song of the year” or similar, I will give it a listen.

But if I don’t like it, that person’s future recommendations are less likely to be given time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

There are music threads?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I always assumed the youtube videos in music threads were like the chants in the dedicated chants thread in On Topic

People make the effort to post them but nobody actually gives a shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm wondering how @rjw63is feeling on the latest transfer rumour about you know who :D 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

In the Olympic Sailing, how does the field spread out so much? Like how is it possible for the best team to be so much quicker when they’re all using the same equipment (I think) and sailing in the same conditions.

I get that there’s loads of skill involved, I’m just amazed how much of a difference there is in the times at the elite level.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

In the Olympic Sailing, how does the field spread out so much? Like how is it possible for the best team to be so much quicker when they’re all using the same equipment (I think) and sailing in the same conditions.

I get that there’s loads of skill involved, I’m just amazed how much of a difference there is in the times at the elite level.

Because they're better sailors. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A boat is just a piece of equipment. Like a golf club or a javelin.

Some people are just better with it.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

if its anything from @bickster then i know it will be shit so , i don't click on it 

others , I click on and about 99.9% of the time discover its not for me after about 4 seconds :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if its anything from @bickster then i know it will be shit so , i don't click on it 

others , I click on and about 99.9% of the time discover its not for me after about 4 seconds :) 

This will be up your street right?

I wonder what it’s like to be an athlete, train for 4 years, qualify for the Olympics and then turn up to realise 10,000 other people have got the same tattoo as you. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

You recommended some Korean/Japanese movies to me years ago. I did watch some of them, and they were excellent. Dark as ****, but excellent :) 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â