Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Posted (edited)

What would happen if I just went one week and told every person exactly what I really think instead of trying to spare people's feelings or avoid confrontations? I sometimes wonder what professional and social and personal effects such a week would entail. One of my favorite movies by the way. Not a great film, but it's kind of about this.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What would happen if I just went one week and told every person exactly what I really think instead of trying to spare people's feelings or avoid confrontations?

You'd be in for a hell of a brutal week? 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What would happen if I just went one week and told every person exactly what I really think instead of trying to spare people's feelings or avoid confrontations?

Been doing it for decades. Far more pros than cons. I was brought up to keep my mouth shut, to not rock the boat, to know my place. Around the age of 21 I figured out that it didn’t have to be that way and since that time I haven’t looked back. 

16 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Been doing it for decades. Far more pros than cons. I was brought up to keep my mouth shut, to not rock the boat, to know my place. Around the age of 21 I figured out that it didn’t have to be that way and since that time I haven’t looked back. 

So, if you think your boss is a moronic dickhead, you actually say "You're a moronic dickhead"?  

26 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Oh, wow, I get it now. You're being ironic right there, right? Oh, you're good. 👏 😉

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, if you think your boss is a moronic dickhead, you actually say "You're a moronic dickhead"?  

There's always the possibility he runs his own business ie is his own boss? (And hell, I have been known to call myself bad names, but my psychiatrist tells me this is perfectly OK, I'm getting better everyday 🤣.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I don’t do ironic 

Ok ... now. Hmmn. I suspect you are moving with that well-calibrated manifestotino into the Zone of Supreme Irony (I myself have never been permitted into this region, but I admire its inhabitants). It's so so so deeply ironic, it's self-deconstructing -- and it offers irony-denial manoeuvres which are themselves perfect, pristine irony.

So yes, I hear you. You "don't do" ironic. And I "don't" either. And since I'm thinking you might be a Giants fan, well, let me close thus. 😉

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611eh323ebeooucarji71

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Ok ... now. Hmmn. I suspect you are moving with that well-calibrated manifestotino into the Zone of Supreme Irony (I myself have never been permitted into this region, but I admire its inhabitants). It's so so so deeply ironic, it's self-deconstructing -- and it offers irony-denial manoeuvres which are themselves perfect, pristine irony.

So yes, I hear you. You "don't do" ironic. And I "don't" either. And since I'm thinking you might be a Giants fan, well, let me close thus. 😉

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611eh323ebeooucarji71

Wow, shots fired!

You’ve made “the list” 😉

That’s an impressive word salad up there 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Allo 

Allo

Yankee aggro 

Yankee aggro 

Makes a change from the great scandi wars of yesteryear

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, colhint said:

Where do flat earthers, think the edge is. Not Bonos mate.

Well, it’s around the perimeter isn’t it.

it’s not rocket science.

• Like 1

If you take a photo of the moon from Australia and another from the UK the moon appears upside down in 1 image  That's because the photographer is actually upside down in comparison to the other. 

How do flat earthers explain this?  

• Like 1

On 11/07/2024 at 15:11, sidcow said:

Is there a sweeter substance known to man than the Mr Kiplings Fondant Fancy? 

what does mr kipling do in his spare time?

fill tarts with cream

here all week

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If you take a photo of the moon from Australia and another from the UK the moon appears upside down in 1 image  That's because the photographer is actually upside down in comparison to the other. 

They don't. They'll just deny it, or say the photos are fake 

4 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

You think the moon is real? Someone believes any old shit the establishment say 

If you are going to be a conspiracy theorist, go big! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You think the moon is real? Someone believes any old shit the establishment say 

If you are going to be a conspiracy theorist, go big! 

Of course it's bloody real. Where the hell do you think cheese comes from? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â