Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Absolutely. For supermarkets leave your arse out, otherwise arse in for me.

Yeah I kinda get it elsewhere, it's specifically supermarkets I'm talking about

Multistory Car Parks and the like, I'll absolutely reverse in because there's a 9/10 change when I get back some knob in a big Audi will have parked leaving his front end sticking out over the front of his bay reducing my scope to reverse out

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I often wonder why anyone would waste time going to a physical supermarket other than for casual purchases,

This. One of my least favourite activities. I'll gladly pay more for someone to bring me my food instead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Substitutions and stock levels

EDIT: Even worse now they've taken the sell by date of fresh produce

I had to use Ocado a couple of weeks ago, and it was the best stocking experience I've had with online shopping, they know what is out of stock days ahead so you don't get substitutions unless something is very wrong, whereas all of the others are just picking from the shelves, and if customers empty it first, tough shit. And all of the veg was perfectly fresh.

Of course the downside is you're paying Ocado/M&S prices.

I'd never bother with one of the supermarket chains, the substitutions and fresh produce was always a disaster

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I had to use Ocado a couple of weeks ago, and it was the best stocking experience I've had with online shopping, they know what is out of stock days ahead so you don't get substitutions unless something is very wrong, whereas all of the others are just picking from the shelves, and if customers empty it first, tough shit. And all of the veg was perfectly fresh.

I'd never bother with one of the supermarket chains, the substitutions and fresh produce was always a disaster

We used Occado once, left us high and dry with no food for that nights tea. Just didn't deliver anything because a driver was ill at 10am on a Saturday morning, no attempt to get the order to us in the rest of the day

As you can imagine, not using them again

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

We used Occado once, left us high and dry with no food for that nights tea. Just didn't deliver anything because a driver was ill at 10am on a Saturday morning, no attempt to get the order to us in the rest of the day

As you can imagine, not using them again

Ocado is the best one I’ve used. But also one of the more expensive ones. 

But if it lets me avoid the words removed that use supermarkets it’s worth it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh lawdy lawd no. I find it quite therapeutic. It's a routine I look forward to. Starts my Saturday nice and early and I get to buy exactly what I want. It's hard to impulse buy or spot new stuff if you're not walking directly past it. I choose the treats. I choose which specific things go in the trolley. Sometimes I lose control in the crisp aisle and that's OK :D

This, this, thissety this. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I dislike reversing out of a car park space more than I dislike reversing into one. 

I don’t trust over drivers on a car park and because of that I want to have a better view and reversing in gives me that more than the alternative.

However, most of the time when I’m doing my shopping it’s a quieter time and there are fewer cars so it’s not an issue, I can drive forward into a space in a reasonably quiet car park.

Several times I’ve had folks speed up and veer around me when I’m trying to reverse out of a parking spot.

FFS is takes an extra 15 seconds to wait for someone to back out. Makes me want to chase them down and run them off the road!

In general people behind a wheel lose any sense of manners or responsibility- just turn into selfish cnuts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Several times I’ve had folks speed up and veer around me when I’m trying to reverse out of a parking spot.

FFS is takes an extra 15 seconds to wait for someone to back out. Makes me want to chase them down and run them off the road!

In general people behind a wheel lose any sense of manners or responsibility- just turn into selfish cnuts.

I live on a fairly busy street at school drop off times, so parking involves trying to make the car behind notice that you will be parking in that gap in the cars. This involves slowing down, and indicating, then stopping and rapidly getting those reversing lights on. There are three types of people in the world:

The first type, notice this, hang back a bit and let you park. These guys are ok.

The second type, what they’ve seen here once they look up from their phone, is the potential to overtake by swerving across the road. But this is not my first rodeo, if they get passed me everyone else will follow and I will be sat there for some time. So as soon as I can I swing the car to start the reverse, pushing the front of the car out wide so their over take is now ridiculously dangerous. These guys then beep, or shout, or shrug like its my fault but they can see they lost because they weren’t paying attention. These are regular people that just voted Brexit because they weren’t paying attention.

The third type are my favourite type. I will slow, brake, indicate and roll passed a parking space. I will engage reverse. They will roll right up behind me. I will start to reverse whilst eyeballing them in the mirror. They beep or flash the lights or shout. I edge backward a little more, but they will not back off allowing me to park. They are too important they want to be on their way and they imagine the best strategy here is to make me drive off, denied a parking opportunity. But it’s 6:00pm, I have finished work, this is my house. I will not be driving off. My work here is done. Only once did this stand off last more than a minute. So I left my car partly parked but with another car (by random chance an Audi) right up close to it stopping me parking or him over taking. I left it, got out, gave him a cheery thumbs up, and went in the house whilst he considered his next move. We all know who these people are. We could probably name the people on this very site that would do it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

My car parks itself and can reverse out the space on it's own, I can even do it without being in the car off a app easy peeasy, (Usually locked, but I work for the manufacture so know all the codes), hate me I don't care either. 😂

Edited by foreveryoung

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh lawdy lawd no. I find it quite therapeutic. It's a routine I look forward to. Starts my Saturday nice and early and I get to buy exactly what I want. It's hard to impulse buy or spot new stuff if you're not walking directly past it. I choose the treats. I choose which specific things go in the trolley. Sometimes I lose control in the crisp aisle and that's OK :D

I'm the same except for doing it on a Saturday.  **** that, way too many people about and wastes a chunk of the weekend.  As for parking I always choose a space that you can drive straight through to the next one, that way you don't have to reverse at all.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I live on a fairly busy street at school drop off times, so parking involves trying to make the car behind notice that you will be parking in that gap in the cars. This involves slowing down, and indicating, then stopping and rapidly getting those reversing lights on. There are three types of people in the world:

The first type, notice this, hang back a bit and let you park. These guys are ok.

The second type, what they’ve seen here once they look up from their phone, is the potential to overtake by swerving across the road. But this is not my first rodeo, if they get passed me everyone else will follow and I will be sat there for some time. So as soon as I can I swing the car to start the reverse, pushing the front of the car out wide so their over take is now ridiculously dangerous. These guys then beep, or shout, or shrug like its my fault but they can see they lost because they weren’t paying attention. These are regular people that just voted Brexit because they weren’t paying attention.

The third type are my favourite type. I will slow, brake, indicate and roll passed a parking space. I will engage reverse. They will roll right up behind me. I will start to reverse whilst eyeballing them in the mirror. They beep or flash the lights or shout. I edge backward a little more, but they will not back off allowing me to park. They are too important they want to be on their way and they imagine the best strategy here is to make me drive off, denied a parking opportunity. But it’s 6:00pm, I have finished work, this is my house. I will not be driving off. My work here is done. Only once did this stand off last more than a minute. So I left my car partly parked but with another car (by random chance an Audi) right up close to it stopping me parking or him over taking. I left it, got out, gave him a cheery thumbs up, and went in the house whilst he considered his next move. We all know who these people are. We could probably name the people on this very site that would do it.

Perhaps not in this exact scenario, but there's also the option of the person who drives straight forward into your space to nick it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, limpid said:

I often wonder why anyone would waste time going to a physical supermarket other than for casual purchases,

Its the only human contact I have 

0-9-BYGa20-Rk-F4r-Tp-JU.png

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You VTers claiming never to use a trolley - don't you do the weekly 'big shop'? 

Nope. I go to the supermarket twice a week and as I live alone, a basket shop is all I need to do. 

I quite like the change of scenery. Helps that I can go during the week when its quieter. 

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My car parks itself and can reverse out the space on it's own, I can even do it without being in the car off a app easy peeasy, (Usually locked, but I work for the manufacture so know all the codes), hate me I don't care either. 😂

My car a merc apparently does this but not sure if I trust it. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My car a merc apparently does this but not sure if I trust it. 

Yeah I have a Merc too, they pretty fool proof lately. I've only ever used the app to back it and forward it out the garage, but used the self park quite a bit.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â