Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I know. That's why I said it. 

Resulted in our understanding of bad sanitation and cholera when they identified no one was dying of it who worked for the breweries and drank free beer instead of water from the local well. 

I'd rather have a flagon of mead! 

Has anyone here ever drunk mead?! 

Just now, Xela said:

Of course we all have. The average age of a typical Villatalker means that mead was the most popular drink in their youth around the middle ages. 

Probably not the no sock rocket polishers thought. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

“Would he and his mum”

I agree they were rarely survivable for the mother but that wasn’t all the question

With everything that was involved (I've not posted it all and I'm not going to) I'm fairly certain my wife would not have survived and whilst there's a chance my son would have there's no guarantee. Even if he did, he then has to live without his mum. He then later had separate health issues and hospital stays which could have been terminal but gladly weren't and had no lasting effects. Modern medicine has made mine, my wife's and my son's lives much better then they could have been not that long ago. 

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well yeah. The true answer is its all relative.  Down the golf club where most are on £75k they'd consider £50k a shit wage. 

I just think £50k would be a figure the average earner would consider pretty darn good. 

Yup.  Your perception of what's a good salary depends largely on where you live (cost of living) and who you spend most of your time with.   If the people we're hanging out with have a higher income and more luxurious life than us, we tend not to see ourselves as doing particularly well, even if we're way better off than most people in the country.   That's why we've occasionally had scandals here in the US with politicians in Washington caught complaining they barely get by  while earning 5 times the national average.

• Like 1

More of a "wondering right now". Hasbulla has signed a 5 year deal to fight in the UFC. Hasbulla has. I don't understand. What's he going to fight? The ref?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

More of a "wondering right now". Hasbulla has signed a 5 year deal to fight in the UFC. Hasbulla has. I don't understand. What's he going to fight? The ref?

Exhibition fight against Kevin Hart. 

On 24/09/2022 at 15:16, fightoffyour said:

Sunday dinner is massively overrated and not even close to being worth the effort of cooking it.

I love cooking Sunday Roast. I get to drink Wine and beer while watching football or listening to music. I can drag it out all afternoon without a nag. When it's actually really easy and only occasionally have to do something.

• Like 3

Why can I remember the exact registration number from my Dad's Ford Granada, from 35 years ago, yet I can't even remember what reg my first car was?! Let alone the full number. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why can I remember the exact registration number from my Dad's Ford Granada, from 35 years ago, yet I can't even remember what reg my first car was?! Let alone the full number. 

Can't believe you've posted that today. Yesterday we were following a pretty foul coloured insipid metallic gold Mondeo Estate. I said if it was a bit darker it would be much like my Dad's Cortina Estate EJW 126V.

Before that he had a metallic green one with a vinyl roof, I remember it was JOV something or other. 

We (my brothers) called the Gold one Thunderbird. 

My first car was a red Fiesta (well red with orange passenger door and bonnet) A40 HPF. 

Can't remember the second one though. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 20:30, Xela said:

Shop bought stuff is pretty poor and a massive disappointment.

However I’ve had mates (a while ago) home brewed it though and that stuff was really good. Think they add some preservatives or something to the shop stuff (I was told but I drank too much to remember). So if someone suggests you to try home brewed mead then try that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My Dad's 'champagne' Citroen ZX. K129 EWE.

I can't remember my current mobile number...

The only way I can remember my own mobile number is to ask Mrs Sidcow what her number is, then I get mine by process of elimination. 

They are the only 2 numbers I do know though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe you've posted that today. Yesterday we were following a pretty foul coloured insipid metallic gold Mondeo Estate. I said if it was a bit darker it would be much like my Dad's Cortina Estate EJW 126V.

Before that he had a metallic green one with a vinyl roof, I remember it was JOV something or other. 

We (my brothers) called the Gold one Thunderbird. 

My first car was a red Fiesta (well red with orange passenger door and bonnet) A40 HPF. 

Can't remember the second one though. 

Looks like EJW126V lived until 1987 according to DVLA. Crazy that cars routinely failed to last 10 years due to rot and rust.

My Dad's Granada made it to around 1993. JOM878W. Gold (beige) in colour! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â