Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I'm taking my 7 year old to his first game this year.  

I've really built up the anticipation, and he's bubbling to go.  I've driven him to and around VP on a few occasions, taking him into the store, building up the mythos of it.  He's desperate now, and I'm desperate to take him :) 

• Like 2

I made the mistake of a season of local football first.

They were utterly underwhelmed by travelling for 3 hours to get to a game where you had to sit in one place and absolutely nobody had brought a drum,  a trumpet, or a loudhailer for them to have a go on.

Rookie error on my part. When I have my next family I’ll have learnt from that.

53 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've really built up the anticipation, and he's bubbling to go.  I've driven him to and around VP on a few occasions, taking him into the store, building up the mythos of it.  He's desperate now, and I'm desperate to take him :) 

I'd say pick a home banker to increase the chance of him enjoying it but unfortunately there's no such thing as one when you're Villa.

57 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have a feeling this may be classed as child abuse this season

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to 4 games at VP last season.

We won 3-0, 2-0, 4-0 and 2-0

Happy to tag along if you pay for my ticket

I don't want my children to grow up in a world where it's normalised not to wear socks, sorry xoxo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When is a good age to take your kid to his first game? Mine's 4 and I'm thinking of taking him over Christmas. Obviously not in the Holte, but still.

Took my now seven year old boy to his first game (Norwegian league) when he was six. He’s been to one game since, and he’s not really in any hurry to go again soon. 

For him, sitting 2x45 mins in a seat watching a game he doesn’t really appreciate the finer details of, was just too long. First 30 mins is fine, then he gets bored and restless. And I totally get and accept that, and won’t put any pressure on him just yet. 

It was different when I first started going to football. Sparsely populated terraces were ideal for running around, hiding and learning naughty words from the chants. It took a couple of years before I started paying much attention to what happened on the pitch. Modern all-seater stadiums don’t really work that way. 

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I took the boy to his first game back in 2012 when he was  8 

he's never been back ... some say it was the crap performance we served up ..some say it was because he met @rjw63 & @Brumerican at the back of the Holte before kick off 

Pretty sure that was the last game Rob and I attended too .

YARN | again for the same reason - | My Dinner with Andre (1981) | Video  gifs by quotes | 5daae8d0 | 紗

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I wonder if a cat from Spain can be understood by a cat from Germany,or if a cat from England can converse with a cat from France ? 

Ah. Finally something for which I have some experience. MY OH has a cat she rescued in China (obvious jokes are obvious) and one she had in the US. They use a complex system of semaphore to communicate. When they can't be bothered they just meow at each other. They both seem to understand what the other is saying as their coordinated attacks on my toes are too frequent to be coincidence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

They both seem to understand what the other is saying as their coordinated attacks on my toes are too frequent to be coincidence. 

There could be more truth in that statement than you think.Here is a true story ( the wife and I saw it with our owne eyes )

We had 2 cats and one day the dog next door was barking and going mad at our cat who was just sitting on our side of the fence and staring at the dog.

Our other cat meanwhile casually walked right to the end of the fence,went through a hole in the fence,did a wide circle and attacked the dog from behind.

Now that was definately a coordinated attack and if I had not seen it with my owne eyes I would not believe it.

This IS a true story. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to 4 games at VP last season.

We won 3-0, 2-0, 4-0 and 2-0

Happy to tag along if you pay for my ticket

YZZTXq5.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just how much denial will there be if this summer is declared hotter than 1976?

It's already been hotter than 1976

If it manages to beat the sustained period of no rain and way above average temperatures, then it might be the first Halloween where Brits flock to the beach

11 hours ago, bickster said:

If it manages to beat the sustained period of no rain and way above average temperatures

Down south maybe, but…actually….yeah, must be about 6 days without rain where I am, in’t north.  It’s nice and warm now, too, but tbh I’d guess that this summer hasn’t been anything to write about for the Fylde coast. Pretty cold and cloudy for a lot of it, but with, now, two short hot spells.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â