Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I used to associate days of the week with certain colours. Saturday was red, Monday was orange (sorry, New Order). This association was pretty much solely due to what colours the radio times used on their tv listings.

One thing I’ve done for years is associate odd numbers as being feminine and even numbers being masculine. I’ve looked into this before and it seems other people do similar, but they disagree with me and have odd numbers as masculine, and even numbers as feminine.

That’s crazy thinking.

I cannot have the volume in the car on a odd number, apart from increatments of 5. Like 15,  25 is okay. Anyone in the car chages it yo a odd number, I have to immediately change it to a even.

Luckily for me, numbers for volume is not so common these days. 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I cannot have the volume in the car on a odd number, apart from increatments of 5. Like 15,  25 is okay. Anyone in the car chages it yo a odd number, I have to immediately change it to a even.

Luckily for me, numbers for volume is not so common these days. 😂

Not sure I can agree about 15. I don't like 14 though, so the increment from 12 is 16. 

• Haha 1

Anyway, I came on to post,

How fast would Usain Bolt have been if he didn't showboat or let off early. He used to do it iin every race. I've never seen a race where he even don't have a slow start or backs off at 80 metres.

His 9.58 was a absolute phenomenon,  ill be shocked of that ever gets beaten in our lifetime. It would have to be with a wind or at a high altitude venue like Mexico was in 1968.

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway, I came on to post,

How fast would Usain Bolt have been if he didn't showboat or let off early. He used to do it iin every race. I've never seen a race where he even don't have a slow start or backs off at 80 metres.

His 9.58 was a absolute phenomenon,  ill be shocked of that ever gets beaten in our lifetime. It would have to be with a wind or at a high altitude venue like Mexico was in 1968.

Nah the 9.58 he didn’t showboat. Or his 200m record. He went for it. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah the 9.58 he didn’t showboat. Or his 200m record. He went for it. 

I always felt he had a little more in him over that last 3/4 to 1s. Before the dip he seemed to slow a little. He is taking it seriously and there isn't any showboating on the 9.58 run but he seems, fractionally to slow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I always felt he had a little more in him over that last 3/4 to 1s. Before the dip he seemed to slow a little. He is taking it seriously and there isn't any showboating on the 9.58 run but he seems, fractionally to slow. 

I always felt that record and the 200m one he was really going for it. That was the only times he cared about the records so it was him flat out. 

I agree pretty much every other time he had some left in him 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

my insistence of radio/tv volumes having to be even numbers

I had a passenger with this exact same affliction the other day. Insisted I change the volume of the radio, didn't care if it was up one or down one, just had to be an even number

I pointed out that it wasn't very rock and roll as it couldn't go to 11

• Haha 2

How many Villa fans live near me? (140 miles from Villa Park)

Just been out for dinner at Yaprak Locks Heath and the one and only football top I see is a Villa away top, Up the Villa!

Granted Villa have just "played" and they played in Bournemouth (40 miles-ish away). But this happens quite often and I still find it amusing that Villa fans seem to be everywhere. What's the chances? or is this more akin to something like the Birthday paradox?

14 hours ago, bielesibub said:

Just been out for dinner at Yaprak Locks Heath and the one and only football top I see is a Villa away top, Up the Villa!

Granted Villa have just "played" and they played in Bournemouth (40 miles-ish away). But this happens quite often and I still find it amusing that Villa fans seem to be everywhere. What's the chances? or is this more akin to something like the Birthday paradox?

There's a good number near me in Formby a good 110 miles away (including the manager :D )

On 06/08/2022 at 20:37, bielesibub said:

There are  3 villa fans I see regularly in my gym in Chertsey and I see 2 other people wearing villa shirts when I go to watch Chertsey Town 

guess we are everywhere … 

Edited by tonyh29

I met two Villa fans in my gym earlier this summer. Young lads, too. I was absolutely gobsmacked. I live in a small-ish suburban village south of Oslo, and I know for a fact there are at least six Villa fans here. Mind you, there are probably at least 2000 Liverpool and 1500 Man United, but still 😅

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When is a good age to take your kid to his first game? Mine's 4 and I'm thinking of taking him over Christmas. Obviously not in the Holte, but still.

Mine is 7 months and I'm already itching to take him :D 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When is a good age to take your kid to his first game? Mine's 4 and I'm thinking of taking him over Christmas. Obviously not in the Holte, but still.

Took mine when she was nearly 3. She had face paint and we filmed some videos of her shouting come on villa in the crowd which was cute. So nice memories filmed but apart from that it was pointless really, we had to give her the phone to keep her entertained all game. 

Then again it was Villa v Ipswich under Steve Bruce so not sure anybody was really entertained.

She’s 7 now and I’m taking her to second game against West Ham but we’re going to go early to see the players arrive. 

Anyway in answer to your question I’d go by how interested they are in football at the moment. Start taken them if and when they start watching games on tv with you and they know some players. Otherwise they’ll just be bored. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â