Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Do other people visualise the week like I do?

For as long as I can remember, I have visualised the week as a circle, effectively a clock but for a week instead of a day. It's split in half with Monday to Friday making up the right hand side of the circle, essentially 12 to 6 on the clock. Saturday and Sunday then make up the left hand side of the circle. 

Then wherever we are in the week, I visualise it as being a point on that circle, so I guess like a hand of a clock. Even down to time of day. So if I wake up at 6am on Thursday I'll automatically visualise the hand at the start of the thursday section, whereas when i finish work it will have moved to the end of the segment.

I don't have to think about this. It just happens. It's subconscious. If I'm going out on a Friday I'll visualise it as being around about 6oclock on the clockface. I don't have to deliberately visualise it, it's just totally instinctive.

I have no explanation for this. The only thing I can think of is I THINK I had a jigsaw as a kid that was circular and represented the week in this way. I have never been able to find evidence of this, but it's a very vague memory. And I think it just stuck forever

Edit: I guess like this. This isn't the one, but it's similar

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

But the proportions are off in my head. Half the circle is taken up by Mon-Fri and the other half is Saturday and Sunday

Does anyone else do this?

I have a similar thing but it's with days - I always visualise them as different coloured sections that make a kind of rectangle.

The longest one is usually work of course. Then my free time before dinner is one colour, and after dinner up to early evening another etc etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I have a similar thing but it's with days - I always visualise them as different coloured sections that make a kind of rectangle.

The longest one is usually work of course. Then my free time before dinner is one colour, and after dinner up to early evening another etc etc.

Yeah that sounds very similar. I don't do colours but the segments in my week definitely divide up like that. 

It's basically like a clock for me but it takes a week for the hand to go all the way round. Even though there isn't a hand. It's just where we are in the week.

I might draw it

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Stolen from reddit but now curious as to why Leicester are blue when their cheese is red? 

Don't get me started on the Black Cats. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

For as long as I can remember, I have visualised the week as a circle, effectively a clock but for a week instead of a day. It's split in half with Monday to Friday making up the right hand side of the circle, essentially 12 to 6 on the clock. Saturday and Sunday then make up the left hand side of the circle. 

Then wherever we are in the week, I visualise it as being a point on that circle, so I guess like a hand of a clock. Even down to time of day. So if I wake up at 6am on Thursday I'll automatically visualise the hand at the start of the thursday section, whereas when i finish work it will have moved to the end of the segment.

I don't have to think about this. It just happens. It's subconscious. If I'm going out on a Friday I'll visualise it as being around about 6oclock on the clockface. I don't have to deliberately visualise it, it's just totally instinctive.

I have no explanation for this. The only thing I can think of is I THINK I had a jigsaw as a kid that was circular and represented the week in this way. I have never been able to find evidence of this, but it's a very vague memory. And I think it just stuck forever

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

But the proportions are off in my head. Half the circle is taken up by Mon-Fri and the other half is Saturday and Sunday

No

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

I don't have that, but when I was a kid, it used to be glaringly obvious to me what colour each day of the week was.

It's probably because I had a jigsaw or something too, but I remember Wednesday was blue and Friday was red, for example.

I don't get that now though...all days are grey.

I used to associate days of the week with certain colours. Saturday was red, Monday was orange (sorry, New Order). This association was pretty much solely due to what colours the radio times used on their tv listings.

One thing I’ve done for years is associate odd numbers as being feminine and even numbers being masculine. I’ve looked into this before and it seems other people do similar, but they disagree with me and have odd numbers as masculine, and even numbers as feminine.

That’s crazy thinking.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

Sort of. 

Not like the way you do, I'm not that crazy ;)

I see it as more of a hill - the weekday hill. Monday and Tuesday is a slog as I'm going up the hill, Wednesday afternoon I hit the peak and obviously Thursday and Friday i'm going back down the other side and its feels easier/better. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Days that you think of as colours? This is as scary a revelation as the stand up wipers. Am I not normal in thinking of days purely as days. 

Synesthesia (or synaesthesia), I think it was discussed on QI once. Some people have it more than others. I vaguely remember it being said that one composer who had it would order his orchestra to play things “more red” or whatever, under the belief that anyone would understand what he meant by that.

Edit - No you’re not alone, if I remember rightly, Sean Lock who was on the episode said he didn’t have a clue what they were on about and that to him Tuesday was a period of time that had to be endured before Wednesday began.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

It's MORE than weird that you've done this before, but yet felt the need to do it again, but with pictures :lol:

Baby brain ;) 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Days that you think of as colours? This is as scary a revelation as the stand up wipers. Am I not normal in thinking of days purely as days. 

No, I don't get it, either. We've discussed weird sub-OCD traits before, like my hatred of shoes 'parked wrong' (R-L instead of L-R), my insistence of radio/tv volumes having to be even numbers, etc. But I've never had the synaesthesia thing. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's MORE than weird that you've done this before, but yet felt the need to do it again, but with pictures :lol:

Baby brain ;) 

Haha have I?

I mean the thread is called things you often wonder, and this proves I wonder it often!!

• Like 1

I see colours when I listen to music.

It can be a single colour, usually a bit of a lava lamp or more rarely something close to a kaleidescope.

The combo of music and colours is slightly hallucinogenic and can get me on a mild high really quite easily.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â