Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 31/07/2022 at 00:18, chrisp65 said:

I’ll not be taking biscuit advice from someone that’s scared of house spiders thanking you very much.

What's the crossover between arachnids and biscuits unless you're eating a Garibaldi.

• Haha 2

On 01/08/2022 at 21:50, Xela said:

I'm still reeling from people having cheese with digestives. I knew we had some food perverts on here, but this takes the literal biscuit. 

Really? I’d have thought that was pretty standard? 

• Like 2

On 01/08/2022 at 13:50, Xela said:

I'm still reeling from people having cheese with digestives. I knew we had some food perverts on here, but this takes the literal biscuit. 

Wait till you hear what these middle class snobs do with a slice of cheese, a pice of pineapple and a stick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/08/2022 at 12:50, Xela said:

They probably eat fish without gravy, too!

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2022 at 20:50, Xela said:

It's not even strange, buy a box of assorted cheese biscuits and there'll be some digestives in there

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 20:50, Xela said:

A combination of cheese, digestive biscuits and Guinness, produce farts so noxious, that they contravene several international conventions banning chemical weapons.

On 01/08/2022 at 19:06, mottaloo said:

Plain chocolate digestives with stilton. 

Who, whoa, whoa, back up a minute. How did this pass by without comment? 

I mean, digestives with cheese, sure, absolutely standard, no controversy there. And plain choc digestives on their own, 100%, totally superior to the milk version. 

But choc digs with cheese? And not just cheese, but stilton

Just... no. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Who, whoa, whoa, back up a minute. How did this pass by without comment? 

I mean, digestives with cheese, sure, absolutely standard, no controversy there. And plain choc digestives on their own, 100%, totally superior to the milk version. 

But choc digs with cheese? And not just cheese, but stilton

Just... no. 

When I first heard about it I almost barfed in disgust. Then I tried it....I guess the nearest I can compare it to is a sweet and sour/savoury experience...the contrast between the two actually works (imho). Has to be plain chocolate though, for me.

I mean....cheese and grapes/figs....even pineapple works, right ?

I mean, it's not as if I'm advocating gravy on fish and chips now am I 😉

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I mean....cheese and grapes/figs

Hmmm. Fair enough. But they're a very different kind of sweetness to chocolate. 

tbf, I'm almost tempted to try it. 

Almost. 

• Like 1

I once had a Japanese chocolate called Crunky that was cheese flavoured, it was… different, but really not unpleasant at all. It had rice puffs in it also. I’d eat it again tbh. 

Chocolate drizzled over lightly salted plain crisps and left to set is also nice. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When will smart phones etc stop being called smart. Like, they are not that smart even now are they?

This is only the fifth post this year in the whole of VT that mentions smart phone or smartphone. At least two of those posts were by the same member

I suggest you are one of a very small percentage of people that is actually using the term :D

Do other people visualise the week like I do?

For as long as I can remember, I have visualised the week as a circle, effectively a clock but for a week instead of a day. It's split in half with Monday to Friday making up the right hand side of the circle, essentially 12 to 6 on the clock. Saturday and Sunday then make up the left hand side of the circle. 

Then wherever we are in the week, I visualise it as being a point on that circle, so I guess like a hand of a clock. Even down to time of day. So if I wake up at 6am on Thursday I'll automatically visualise the hand at the start of the thursday section, whereas when i finish work it will have moved to the end of the segment.

I don't have to think about this. It just happens. It's subconscious. If I'm going out on a Friday I'll visualise it as being around about 6oclock on the clockface. I don't have to deliberately visualise it, it's just totally instinctive.

I have no explanation for this. The only thing I can think of is I THINK I had a jigsaw as a kid that was circular and represented the week in this way. I have never been able to find evidence of this, but it's a very vague memory. And I think it just stuck forever

Edit: I guess like this. This isn't the one, but it's similar

41rMkvxhh0L._SX355_.jpg

But the proportions are off in my head. Half the circle is taken up by Mon-Fri and the other half is Saturday and Sunday

Does anyone else do this?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â