Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Same here in Leeds. Paper, card, tins, plastic, all in in one bin. Only downside is that they don't take glass, so I have to do regular trips to bottle banks. 

Ours take the lot, glass metal plastic, paper, cardboard

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ours take the lot, glass metal plastic, paper, cardboard

Same here in the Shires (mate), all in one bin, much better idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s sending me around the bend . I’m usually bang on with the recycling. The first two weeks we did what they asked but our blue bags went missing so they had to replace them. There was a couple of pieces of paper in the blue bin last time out and they didn’t take the bin which is annoying , we are also without a bag again so I’ve gave up. As you say there’s usually a mess in our street once they have been and collected. 

To be honest I have had a blue bag for about 2 and a half years. Never had any issues with it at all, even in strong winds. 

I know we’ve done this before, but a quick glance at some stats for recycling rates in various places:

Liverpool 22%

Stoke 23%

Birmingham 24%

Chester 56%

Telford 47%

What’s being done with the 75% that isn’t recycled? How are you managing to find so much stuff that’s not recyclable? I mean, literally, what the hell are you buying and from where? Does your bread get presented in diesel soaked polystyrene or something?

2022 and their are councils that can’t take glass for recycling? Glass?

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I know we’ve done this before, but a quick glance at some stats for recycling rates in various places:

Liverpool 22%

Stoke 23%

Birmingham 24%

Chester 56%

Telford 47%

What’s being done with the 75% that isn’t recycled? How are you managing to find so much stuff that’s not recyclable? I mean, literally, what the hell are you buying and from where? Does your bread get presented in diesel soaked polystyrene or something?

More importantly, what is happening in Telford

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Liverpool 22%

Stoke 23%

Birmingham 24%

Chester 56%

Telford 47%

I don't think people know just what is recyclable, here we stick anything plastic in the recycling, chocolate bar wrappers, crisp packets etc like you say bread bags all recycled, in england it felt far more obvious stuff like bean tins and bottles

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think people know just what is recyclable, here we stick anything plastic in the recycling, chocolate bar wrappers, crisp packets etc like you say bread bags all recycled, in england it felt far more obvious stuff like bean tins and bottles

I think people can’t be arsed.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Liverpool 22%

Stoke 23%

Birmingham 24%

Chester 56%

Telford 47%

Yeah, our crap is taken fortnightly and recycling fortnightly.

In reality I could do with recycling taken weekly and rubbish once a month, we recycle that much.

Shame the cabbages where I work don't recycle, the amount of plastic and glass they throw in the rubbish is a disgrace.

• Like 2

Me and my wife probably recycle or compost close to 90% of our rubbish, maybe more but about 30% of that is a bit of an effort, some goes to a local refill recycle place and some goes to a supermarket. It is perhaps too hard for some so until we make it easy for the lazy, we just aren't going to get there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think people can’t be arsed.

To a degree neither can I... When it's food waste in tins and tubs and you have to scrape the contents out in to one bin then put the packet in another, nah I don't play that game so much

But when they don't call your bin "recycling" they just call them paper, plastic and waste I think it is far less "effort" 

23 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What would happen if a penalty shootout never ended? Like every goal is matches and every miss is matched. Will they continue throughout the night or will they take sleep breaks and and continue in the morning, what if it goes on for weeks or months or even years, will games get delayed because of this, and if this delay over lapped transfer windows, could teams sell players who are currently playing in the penalty shootout and could they buy replacements if that happens? 

it’s a slim chance but any penalty shootout could end up as an infinity shootout. It’s almost terrifying 

That happened in tennis once and then they just changed the rules after to next goal wins so it never happens again.

Edited by fightoffyour

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Somebody broke in to my car once, back in the day. 

Went through every single one of my cassettes in the glovebox.

Didn’t take a single one.

True story dat.

That last sentence wasn't necessary!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Why oh why did I go on topic?

At the moment, I mostly look at it to see if there’s any new player threads that have been created. If there’s not, I typically exit, post haste.

When I note that a thread is constantly “hot” I occasionally feel compelled to look at a particular topic. With maybe the exception of the stadium improvement thread.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Was it to check whether Leon Bailey is indeed fast?

(Plenty on there arguing he’s not - despite being clocked as one of the fastest ever Bundesliga players - for context of one of the most pointless debates ever 😂)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It's quite telling that the only people I have on ignore, do not post in off topic, well hardly ever.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â