Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. That Argos one was well worth the money. Much better than cheaper fans, different power settings and modes and stuff. Remote control, sleep timer, all that stuff. It’s great. 

The Dyson one looks nicer but apart from that it’s not much different

Have you looked into one of these Ben? We had one in New Mexico one summer and it worked great. You have to vent it out of the window but at least you can move it from room to room.

https://www.airconcentre.co.uk/products/devola-9000-btu-portable-air-conditioning-unit-dvac09cw

1_252F1_252F9_252F4_252F11946ce182b051b8

e_252F9_252F6_252F9_252Fe9698ada2c7491a9

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I put mine in the freezer for an hour or so, added advantage of free ice lol when you're done. 

Sounds really dangerous, hope you checked there was enough oxygen in there to breathe. Definitely keep them cool though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Have you looked into one of these Ben? We had one in New Mexico one summer and it worked great. You have to vent it out of the window but at least you can move it from room to room.

https://www.airconcentre.co.uk/products/devola-9000-btu-portable-air-conditioning-unit-dvac09cw

1_252F1_252F9_252F4_252F11946ce182b051b8

e_252F9_252F6_252F9_252Fe9698ada2c7491a9

Yeah we did look at them. They’re a bit big for the space we’ve got and not as good for jack (apparently) so didn’t go for it. 

I think it would do a better job to be honest 😂

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah we did look at them. They’re a bit big for the space we’ve got and not as good for jack (apparently) so didn’t go for it. 

I think it would do a better job to be honest 😂

They definitely cool the room down. Maybe combine it with an air filter? 

I know AC is just not a thing in England but boy oh boy is it nice!

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You must be joking. This sort of 'heatwave' (high 20s C) happens a few days a year. 

The Scandinavians and North Americans also snigger at our 'bad winters'. 

No,a whirly bird is goo for your roof.As I said it gets rid of hot air trapped between the roof and the celing and it gets rid of damp/moist air trapped in the same space.Surely that would be good for your sort of weather in England ?! 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

No,a whirly bird is goo for your roof.As I said it gets rid of hot air trapped between the roof and the celing and it gets rid of damp/moist air trapped in the same space.Surely that would be good for your sort of weather in England ?! 

Nope, we insulate our lofts to keep the heat in. Only poorly insulated houses would get any behefit

57 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, we insulate our lofts to keep the heat in. Only poorly insulated houses would get any behefit

Might be wrong here but we also use cold roofs and eaves vents to stop the roof from sweating 

We insulate between the joists rather than between the rafters - that's not 100% every house though 

• Like 2

No need to worry anymore about heat - back to normal!

I went out yesterday afternoon and it was 35 degrees in the car. Driving back from my folks just and it was 12 degrees in the car.  

That is some drop in 24 hours. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

No need to worry anymore about heat - back to normal!

I went out yesterday afternoon and it was 35 degrees in the car. Driving back from my folks just and it was 12 degrees in the car.  

That is some drop in 24 hours. 

Same here.

Waiting in my car as long as possible (AC on) yesterday when doing the school run.

Today I had the car heating on :lol: 

Edited by Genie

They've got Kanye West's name on them haven't they? Will always sell

Trainers in general seem to be getting bigger and bigger again, Adidas and Nike in a race to put shoe boxes on people's feet, even converse are at it

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've got Kanye West's name on them haven't they? Will always sell

Trainers in general seem to be getting bigger and bigger again, Adidas and Nike in a race to put shoe boxes on people's feet, even converse are at it

I imagine that trend is down to baggier jeans and trousers coming back into fashion. Bigger trainers look better with them.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I have never been one to take any notice of the current fasion.I have always ( and still do ) wear what IMHO makes me look good.

So what colour is the collar with the bell on?

8 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I have never been one to take any notice of the current fasion.I have always ( and still do ) wear what IMHO makes me look good.

That’s what people who care about fashion do too

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â