Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd agree with this, lived there for a decade or so, and while it's a lovely country to drive through, and visit a nice country pub, the towns are absolute shitholes without exception.

Much like many other areas out of the south east, the industry left, and there was **** all left in terms of career prospects, so with no big city in the country, it's just lots of small towns with no personality and no prospects. I think I only know one person who left for university and actually went back. 

Hold up. Whilst I agree with point - Northampton is a donut, sh*t in the middle, lovely round the outsides. No way is Daventry the best town. Northampton probably is still the best, pretty objectively. I actually left to go to Uni (in brum) and came back. I must admit I love the place. Its streets whilst are ugly are decorated with my memories and I have never wanted to live anywhere else. Unfortunately my girlfriend wouldn't move there, so I left to go to London, although have moved to the tube stop (almost) closer to Northampton than any other. To be honest I don't require much from a place so I am easy to please.

Also - if you know Northampton well, a housing estate has just been set up with villa themed roads. Holte End / Doug Ellis Way / Trinity Road etc.

Jerusalem by Alan Moore, as well as being the sixth longest English language novel of all time, is quite a good book for painting the town as some sort of sunken Atlantis ruined by developers. 

This video always makes me smile:

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Why is it that right handers when they hold a knife and fork, if you take the knife off them they have to swap the fork to the other hand. 

Guilty as charged, m'lud. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seal said:

Hold up. Whilst I agree with point - Northampton is a donut, sh*t in the middle, lovely round the outsides. No way is Daventry the best town. Northampton probably is still the best, pretty objectively. I actually left to go to Uni (in brum) and came back. I must admit I love the place. Its streets whilst are ugly are decorated with my memories and I have never wanted to live anywhere else. Unfortunately my girlfriend wouldn't move there, so I left to go to London, although have moved to the tube stop (almost) closer to Northampton than any other. To be honest I don't require much from a place so I am easy to please.

Also - if you know Northampton well, a housing estate has just been set up with villa themed roads. Holte End / Doug Ellis Way / Trinity Road etc.

Jerusalem by Alan Moore, as well as being the sixth longest English language novel of all time, is quite a good book for painting the town as some sort of sunken Atlantis ruined by developers. 

This video always makes me smile:

Y'know, you're never gonna survive. 

Unless... 

You go a little crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

When did quiz shows become so dumbed down?? 

Just caught the final jackpot round of Bridge of Chavs on BBC1 and the standard of question was incredibly low.

I’m sure there are many more like it!  

People are thick as shit now* You don't need to learn anything anymore. Everything is at the click of a mouse or touch of a screen. Why bother retaining information?

Before, you actually had to absorb information from books and remember stuff.

To be honest, i've felt my concentration levels fall in recent years. 

*a sweeping generalisation to make a point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Why is it that right handers when they hold a knife and fork, if you take the knife off them they have to swap the fork to the other hand. 

It's true! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Have you seen Tipping Point? It's embarrassingly easy. "Name any colour".... Is it potato Ben?

Potato is always the answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Might be me in my little bubble again but the amount of people who pay for their shopping at the self service checkouts with cash. Some of the tills are card only and always empty. Don't people have debit cards? 

I haven't paid cash for my shopping in 20 years. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I paid cash for a few items yesterday as it happens.

Admittedly, it was mainly so I could acquire a pound coin in change so I could hand that over to the attractive young woman who sells the big issue outside the shop.

I’m playing the long game there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

People are thick as shit now* You don't need to learn anything anymore. Everything is at the click of a mouse or touch of a screen. Why bother retaining information?

Before, you actually had to absorb information from books and remember stuff.

To be honest, i've felt my concentration levels fall in recent years. 

*a sweeping generalisation to make a point. 

Sorry, didn't bother reading when I saw you'd stretched your post out to 3 lines. NEXT! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Admittedly, it was mainly so I could acquire a pound coin in change so I could hand that over to the attractive young woman who sells the big issue outside the shop.

I’m playing the long game there.

I like your style.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â