Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I often wonder what the significance of the series of nine digits - three groups of three - that appear in the top right hand corner of my screen when i'm watching live footy.They are fairly faint but you cant remove them from your screen with the "back up" button on the remote like you can the red button icon that also appears.

Those digits disappear and re appear frequently......i just wondered what they were for :wacko:

3 hours ago, V01 said:

I'd assume it's some kind of identifier so they can track down where illegal streams are coming from.

Exactly this as far as I know.

All sky accounts have a unique code so if they find a stream they can tell who's responsible from the numbers.

Is Derren Brown for real?

I love loads (but not all) of his stuff.

But is he really "not a magician" and does it all through mind control techniques and psychology like he claims...

or is it a double bluff and actually he IS just another magician with a different gimmick?

28 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I think he's for real. His ability is being highly intelligent and knowing how to read people physically and mentally. I think he's amazing.

Yeah he's for real but he's not a magician.

The real magician is the twunt that depletes my bank account over the weekend.

34 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nah he is definitely just an illusionist.  A very good one.

It's hard to say for sure, but this is what I reckon. 

What I do know is that his ghost train ride at Thorpe Park, which he helped design, is total rubbish. If anyone ever goes there and considers queuing for two hours to go on it...don't waste your time.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

There's stuff that I watch back now and I just think "I reckon that's just a trick"

This Simon Pegg thing for example. I just don't buy it.

I think it's much more likely that's a sleight of hand on the envelope or something rather than him inceptioning that idea into his head.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's stuff that I watch back now and I just think "I reckon that's just a trick"

This Simon Pegg thing for example. I just don't buy it.

I think it's much more likely that's a sleight of hand on the envelope or something rather than him inceptioning that idea into his head.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it works along those lines.  I've been watching Penn and Teller Fool Us on Netflix, which is where magicians go on and do a trick, and if Penn and Teller can't work out how they did it, they get to perform at their theatre in Vegas.  They sometimes have mentalists on there and they can work out how it's done pretty easily.

Derren tells you everything he does his a trick.  he hates being called a magician.  

We just don't know how he does what he  does, which makes it fun.

Wouldn't surprise me if he came clean on all his major shows at the end of his career.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Derren tells you everything he does his a trick.  he hates being called a magician.  

We just don't know how he does what he  does, which makes it fun.

Wouldn't surprise me if he came clean on all his major shows at the end of his career.

But this is my point. Is the whole "I'm not a magician" thing just a cover, and actually he is just a magician.

Like that simon pegg thing. Brown's explanation is that it's not a trick, he just implanted that idea of a BMX in Simon's head.

But if the actual way he did it was that he knew it was a BMX all along and just sleight of handed the envelope, then he IS just a magician with an elaborate story to make it seem more interesting.

To reiterate, I love Derren Brown. Most of his stuff is fascinating (a small amount of it is rubbish). I just often wonder if he makes it seem way more amazing than it actually is (which I guess is his job!)

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Macbooks can also be thrown out of windows. 

DIdn't that Isiah Newton fellow write the film script for Gravity after being hit on the head by one that had been thrown out of tree?

On 03/12/2016 at 11:35, Stevo985 said:

But this is my point. Is the whole "I'm not a magician" thing just a cover, and actually he is just a magician.

Like that simon pegg thing. Brown's explanation is that it's not a trick, he just implanted that idea of a BMX in Simon's head.

But if the actual way he did it was that he knew it was a BMX all along and just sleight of handed the envelope, then he IS just a magician with an elaborate story to make it seem more interesting.

To reiterate, I love Derren Brown. Most of his stuff is fascinating (a small amount of it is rubbish). I just often wonder if he makes it seem way more amazing than it actually is (which I guess is his job!)

He's a magician. His schtick is the mentalism stuff, and he's very, very good at it, but they're still magic tricks. There is a difference in that some mentalism tricks apparently are possible to mess up even if you do it perfectly (which I guess would make many say it isn't magic, because there's elements of psychology that can go wrong etc) but he plays up how much of it is about implanting ideas and plays down how much some of it is sleight of hand and so on.

Funnily enough he's actually a very good 'standard' magician as well but he apparently found nothing interesting in performing those sort of tricks and shifted to what he's known for now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â