Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

We've been quiz champions for six years now. We nearly lost it two years ago - unjustly, because Gareth was quizmaster then and the question was "What type of alien is Mr Spock?".

Everyone put Vulcan, which is incorrect. Mr Spock is half-Vulcan, half-human, ok?

And Gareth went, "Oh, look, everyone gets one point," but I said, "No, everyone does not get one point."

"Carpet Munchers don't get a point, Dr W***enstein doesn't. Steven Hawkings' Football Boots don't get a point. I do."

I had to go home to get a book to prove it. They went, "Oh, yeah, you're right. Well done. You've won. Sorry."

No apologies necessary. Let's get on with the quiz but...remember, learn.

Brilliant!

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

We've been quiz champions for six years now. We nearly lost it two years ago - unjustly, because Gareth was quizmaster then and the question was "What type of alien is Mr Spock?".

Everyone put Vulcan, which is incorrect. Mr Spock is half-Vulcan, half-human, ok?

And Gareth went, "Oh, look, everyone gets one point," but I said, "No, everyone does not get one point."

"Carpet Munchers don't get a point, Dr W***enstein doesn't. Steven Hawkings' Football Boots don't get a point. I do."

I had to go home to get a book to prove it. They went, "Oh, yeah, you're right. Well done. You've won. Sorry."

No apologies necessary. Let's get on with the quiz but...remember, learn.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Oh god that Mr Spock question is brilliant and i'm asking it next time I host a quiz night. There'll be no points for anyone who just puts Vulcan.

I host my cricket club's quiz night most years, and my usual system for wrong answers is a $5 donation to the club, whoever is wrong pays it. Haven't been wrong yet although i've been challenged a few times.

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Oh god that Mr Spock question is brilliant and i'm asking it next time I host a quiz night. There'll be no points for anyone who just puts Vulcan.

I thought everyone knew he was half and half,  that's why he is in emotional turmoil all the time as he must be logical but half of him wants to breakdance or similar.

Capital of Republic of Congo is another good one to catch people out :trollface: As are all capitals which may have changed since the contestants were likely in school (e.g. Nigeria, Tanzania, Myanmar & Kazakhstan).

Spoiler

Brazzaville?

Malaysia is an odd one as well as they have 2 capitals. A national and an administrative

Edited by Xela

Just now, Xela said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Malaysia is an odd one as well as they have 2 capitals. A national and an administrative

Plenty have that tbf.  Chile, Sri Lanka & Bolivia to name 3.  South Africa has 3 capitals ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:
  Hide contents

Brazzaville?

Correct but you'll catch people out with

Spoiler

Kinshasa :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

Capital of Republic of Congo is another good one to catch people out :trollface: As are all capitals which may have changed since the contestants were likely in school (e.g. Nigeria, Tanzania, Myanmar & Kazakhstan).

I'm always amazed at the number of people that get the capital of Australia wrong

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm always amazed at the number of people that get the capital of Australia wrong

That's a classic one isn't it? Also to a smaller degree, Canada

39 minutes ago, KHV said:

Yeah, most people say Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto and Quebec

I imagine most who get it wrong would probably say Toronto.  But I'd say most people don't get it wrong.  Although I am only guessing there obviously.

12 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I thought everyone knew he was half and half,  that's why he is in emotional turmoil all the time as he must be logical but half of him wants to breakdance or similar.

Oh they all do. And they'll all be furious with both me and themselves when they put Vulcan and realise they were wrong.

It's glorious

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â