Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

@It's Your Round, @Mjvilla, on a very similar note.  The adults in here who plough endless hours into Football Manager.  I used to do similar when I was in college (which might explain a few things), but by the sounds of the game these days it'd take me a month just to get through a proper pre-season.

Just now, BOF said:

@It's Your Round, @Mjvilla, on a very similar note.  The adults in here who plough endless hours into Football Manager.  I used to do similar when I was in college (which might explain a few things), but by the sounds of the game these days it'd take me a month just to get through a proper pre-season.

Guilty as charged m'lord. It sure does take a long time to play sometimes, especially at the beginning of a new game but quickens thereafter. I play it, good fun. Grew up with games, gaming is one of my hobbies. 

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

i play and ut;s, its...sleep depr...deprivation....zzzzz

• Like 1

Why I'm such a hateful, miserable and self loathing word removed most of the time. I'm aware of it but do little to change it, mostly it's a defence mechanism to stop people I don't like from getting close I guess but now and again I genuinely quite like being a word removed and winding up nobhead managers at work or whatever but god it gets tiring after a bit. 

Maybe one day I'll start to try and get on with people, be a little more accepting/compromising to people who annoy me. I dunno.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Why I'm such a hateful, miserable and self loathing word removed most of the time. I'm aware of it but do little to change it, mostly it's a defence mechanism to stop people I don't like from getting close I guess but now and again I genuinely quite like being a word removed and winding up nobhead managers at work or whatever but god it gets tiring after a bit. 

Maybe one day I'll start to try and get on with people, be a little more accepting/compromising to people who annoy me. I dunno.

I've always found you to be a complete clearing in the woods if that helps.

only joking :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

As i've got older I just stop caring what people think of me. I used to try so hard to be liked by everyone, now it really doesn't bother me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I find it's because as the years go by you meet more and more people and you realise that 90% of them are selfish, small-minded arse holes who don't have the depth or capacity to think about anyone or anything beyond their next Facebook status update.

But the silver-lining is it makes you appreciate the other 10% of people so much more by comparison; the ones who give a damn about others and make you happy to be around them.

Its a shame the proportions are so skewed and maybe people like us are part of the problem too, but I genuinely give everyone a chance when I first meet them. Most just prove to be incredibly shallow and narcissistic. I also don't think it's a coincidence that most of these people are generally quite thick. I realise I must sound quite snobbish and elitist but it's just my personal experience from thirty years on this planet. I don't want to wind up as an eternally angry and disappointed old man, and I don't think I will, but it is a worry of mine. 

I also think part of this is me over-thinking a lot and that's probably due to not having a significant other or more hobbies outside of work to focus on.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

As i've got older I just stop caring what people think of me. I used to try so hard to be liked by everyone, now it really doesn't bother me. 

Same here. if I can help it I try not to bother with people. I've got to be in the mood for people. Sometimes I can't even be arsed with you lot on here ;)

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm constantly trying to get on with people more but I find it so tiring.   It's a joyous but rare moment when you get on the same page as someone. 

1 minute ago, troon_villan said:

I'm constantly trying to get on with people more but I find it so tiring.   It's a joyous but rare moment when you get on the same page as someone. 

Well at the moment there is only me, you and Sid on this page. Hooray to the three musketeers .

I always think I like people more than they like me, so that makes me over-work to get them to like me more, which never works.

I'm also a **** know-it-all and ruin nice things for people just so I can be "correct".  Case in point, Halloween, we watched a silly shark movie and I sat through the whole thing factoiding people about how silly it was, like they somehow didn't realize that already. 

I think the most disappointing thing is that if I met myself, I'd probably dislike me too :( 

But by the same token, I think I'm alright, I can be amusing, I can be laid back or whatever, I just try too hard in social things I think.  I dunno you could over analyse everything for ages. Forget it. :) 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Case in point, Halloween, we watched a silly shark movie and I sat through the whole thing factoiding people about how silly it was, like they somehow didn't realize that already. 

Naaah, nothing better than taking the piss out a daft film with your mates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I always think I like people more than they like me, so that makes me over-work to get them to like me more, which never works.

I'm also a **** know-it-all and ruin nice things for people just so I can be "correct".  Case in point, Halloween, we watched a silly shark movie and I sat through the whole thing factoiding people about how silly it was, like they somehow didn't realize that already. 

I think the most disappointing thing is that if I met myself, I'd probably dislike me too :( 

But by the same token, I think I'm alright, I can be amusing, I can be laid back or whatever, I just try too hard in social things I think.  I dunno you could over analyse everything for ages. Forget it. :) 

Regarding being a know-it-all.  The very fact that you're self-aware about doing it should make it easier to fix.   There are plenty of people who are like that and they have no idea that they're doing it, or the effect that it's having on people's perception of them.  I know exactly what you mean, and I sometimes have to stop myself from correcting someone or 'being interesting'(sic) about something someone is talking about, because I know they won't care and I won't want the resulting conversation :)  It's social graces, innit.

As for the liking and over-trying.  That's just plain old insecurity with a sprinkling of paranoia.  The way I see it, just be nice and the rest falls into place.  Although if you're a know-it-all then you're probably right.  No-one likes you :D 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â