Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same reason Peter Rabbit and friends (living in the English Lake District) speak with American accents. It's OK though, because all the EVIL characters have British accents. :angry:

Bad guys are cool and Yanks are morons.

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

Bad guys are cool and Yanks are morons.

I loved my US road trip (2012 when the Olympics were on)

American - Where abouts in Oz are you from ?

Me - London

Yank - Oh do you know Mrs Jones that lives in Balham

Me - Yep we meet for coffee and cake quite frequently

Yank - Awesome  ... What about your Queen jumping out of that helicopter  ?

Me - ah , it's not biggie she does it all the time before trooping the colour

Yank - Awesome

to give it some balance though ,if you recall there was some confusion in America over the Olympics 2012 ceremony , as to why Abraham Lincoln was present ( it was IK Brunel ) , few days later I went to Gettysburg and posted pictures of me on Facebook with a fake beard and the Hat on ... My American mate posted to ask me why I was dressed up as Isambard Kingdom Brunel  ( you had to be there I guess )

Where do these strange men come from who spend all day sitting in barber shops but don't get a haircut? They just come in, sit and talk nonsense. I don't think they even know the staff. Happened while I was getting my bonce cut today. No one knew him and the barber said he comes in everyday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Have you never seen Desmond's, @Ingram85? That guy was just your barber's version of Porkpie.

Who was the other fella that was always sitting down with the glasses? Was his name Michael? There was a lot of people sitting about in Desmonds, I'm fairly certain poor Desmond was the only one grafting all day!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KHV said:

Who was the other fella that was always sitting down with the glasses? Was his name Michael? There was a lot of people sitting about in Desmonds, I'm fairly certain poor Desmond was the only one grafting all day!

The other guy was Matthew (who was African). Michael was his oldest son, who I think was a bank manger. His wife used to do ladies hair, and I think he had at least one other person worked there (I recall a white guy?).

Edited by dAVe80

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

The other guy was Matthew (who was African). Michael was his oldest son, who I think was a bank manger. His wife used to do ladies hair, and I think he had at least one other person worked there (I recall a white guy?).

Toh-knee

tony_zpsfmjzfd80.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Thats it Michael! He was never at the bloody bank though was he, he was always chatting with Pokpie.

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Thats it Michael! He was never at the bloody bank though was he, he was always chatting with Pokpie.

Michael was always at the bank, being stalked by his secretary who was in love with him. 

(I still watch Desmond's regularly as they repeat them ad infinitum on LondonLive)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â