Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I went to sainsburys over the road a few weeks ago, I saw a fat pensioner piss herself on the floor and throw up in the foreign foods bit. She looked at it, shrugged her shoulders and went on her way. I imagine it's the same as going to Wal-Mart in yankland. God bless Oldbury.

• Like 1

Do you stop in the doorway of Waitrose?

It's just weird, it's every single time. Semi seriously, there is clearly something going on that I'm fascinated by. It's part of my job to sort out the flow and foot fall in and out of shops and there are two groups that do this stop in the doorway thing, female multiples (i.e. two women will stop in the door) and individual little old lady style pensioners. My personal hunch, on the little old ladies, is that the thought process has slowed and they need to get to the outside of the door to assess the weather, orientate themselves and decide what they are doing next. But it's just stunning to see the data (and lots n lots of cctv clips).

Question is, how do I do something physical to the shop that persuades them to either put their hood up in the lobby, or put their hood up whilst walking away. Single females, the young and most males don't do it. 

By the same token, people fall over single steps. You can have a single step and make it a neon colour, give it handrail, have a big sign saying mind the step and have different floor covering and additional lighting. People will fall up or down it. Two steps, significantly less of a problem.

People and their dumb arse ways, are fascinating.

• Like 1

Bugger, good idea.

Sometimes you can have more doors, but rarely. Front of shop is prime and needs to be selling and advertising. You can't stick a shelf full of shoes on a door, basically. Also, shop shape is increasingly deep but narrow.

• Like 1

Walking through doorways causes forgetting.

We’ve all experienced it: The frustration of entering a room and forgetting what we were going to do. Or get. Or find.

New research from University of Notre Dame Psychology Professor Gabriel Radvansky suggests that passing through doorways is the cause of these memory lapses.

Maybe the thing of people stopping in doorways is them collecting their thoughts in an attempt to not forget anything.

I'm sure my mate (doctor) has told me before that stopping in doorways is a sign of Alzeimers.

I may have just plucked that from nowhere though.

Are you saying that.......you can't remember if he told you that?

I'm sure my mate (doctor) has told me before that stopping in doorways is a sign of Alzeimers.

I may have just plucked that from nowhere though.

Are you saying that.......you can't remember if he told you that?

Seventeen

• Like 1

Why was "The A-Team" so popular in the UK?

I think it was the time it was on.. about 5:15pm on a Saturday afternoon. Everyone watched Grandstand for the football results coming in on the videprinter at 4:45 and after that was wrapped up, it was the news followed by the A Team in time for dinner! Well, that was my Saturday afternoon as a kid!

If I recall, Knight Rider, Airwolf and Streethawk used to be earlier in the day?

• 2 weeks later...

Putin has apparently not been sighted since March 5. Some other high profile government people are rumoured to be gone as well. I wonder what has happened. 

Maybe he just have had plastic surgery. He has been gone for that reason before.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â