Definitely Maybe

What's the story morning glory?

The masterplan

Dig out your soul

Don't believe the truth

Be here now

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Heathen Chemistry

At the age of 27, I don't even feel qualified to say that conclusively, anyone younger than that just won't even remember the culture those bands in Britpop created, and are thus not even allowed an opinion.

I'm drunk on G and T. I'll read this again tomorrow and determine if it's right :lol:

I'm a massive Oasis fanboy too. Dig Out Your Soul was their worst IMO, and I've always loved Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants because of Gas Panic mainly. The 90s was their peak obviously but you could make a best of from their 00s stuff that sounds brilliant and a bit more varied musically.

• Like 1

Be Here Now is underrated - I loved the fact it was an over long, self obsessed album, written while high on drugs and at at point in time when Oasis thought they were invincible.

IMO, the last 2 albums were the worst. 

Gas panic and don't go away are two of my favourite oasis songs.

They're just unlucky to be on those albums I think. Quite like Sunday morning call and who feels love too.

Little james doe, wqt u thinking noel? Letting liam do dat? Cmon son.

Be Here Now is underrated - I loved the fact it was an over long, self obsessed album, written while high on drugs and at at point in time when Oasis thought they were invincible.

IMO, the last 2 albums were the worst. 

I don't think there's a single decent song on it.  If they'd have stopped at Definitely Maybe, WTSMG and The Masterplan, they'd have been legends.

• Like 1

I associate it with a good time in my life so it hold greats nostalgic value. I remember being at HMV in Birmingham Pavillions waiting for the shop to open on release day. The first and last time I will ever do that! 

Edited by Xela

Little james doe, wqt u thinking noel? Letting liam do dat? Cmon son.

I have thought that a few times, how on earth did any of the other band members allow that to happen. Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

First 3 proper Oasis albums were the best 3 in the order that came out. After Noel started to let the other members write songs it all starting going wrong. You could probably make 1 really good album with the tracks from the later albums.

Edited by Genie

In the total knob head stakes, it's hard to choose between Damon and Liam (for totally different reasons). At the time I liked both bands, but probably liked Blur a tad more, Blur certainly made better music, post Britpop. Fun fact, Dave Rountree once tried to crack on to an ex of mine (wasn't going out with her at the time) (apologies Donald).  

In the total knob head stakes, it's hard to choose between Damon and Liam (for totally different reasons). At the time I liked both bands, but probably liked Blur a tad more, Blur certainly made better music, post Britpop. Fun fact, Dave Rountree once tried to crack on to an ex of mine (wasn't going out with her at the time) (apologies Donald).  

I think I still win with Tony Morley on my present girlfriend.

I think I still win with Tony Morley on my present girlfriend.

That's quite a dilemma. On one hand, that's your lass and it's taking the piss. On the other, that goal against Everton, and that cross for Peter Withe... Hmmm, I'm not sure what I'd do.  

• Like 1

Albarn is a privately educated man who talks like he grew up on a council estate in Bethnal green

Gallagher, is just a monumental bell end without any talent

When you havent had a wink of sleep when do you admit defeat and just get up anyway.

I consider myself very lucky that this has never happened to me.

If anything I'm the opposite.

When you havent had a wink of sleep when do you admit defeat and just get up anyway.

No kids stevo?

No kids stevo?

Nope. And glad of it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â