Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I just spent the last 2 hours tidying up my cd collection, felt sick when i opened the copy of the offsprings 'splinter' album and realised when I brought it, it cost me £12.99 from hmv.

*bought

sorry. Massive pet hate.

You'd get on well with rob182.

I suspect blur are the better musicians and songwriters but Oasis had the better tunes .. Don't think you can call either band shit tbf ...All in my humble opinion of course

Oasis best album is the one full of b-sides ( The Masterplan ), could well be that the hits are just overplayed and become a tad boring as a result

• Like 1

Oasis albums in order of greatness;

Definitely Maybe

What's the story morning glory?

The masterplan

Dig out your soul

Don't believe the truth

Be here now

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Heathen Chemistry

At the age of 27, I don't even feel qualified to say that conclusively, anyone younger than that just won't even remember the culture those bands in Britpop created, and are thus not even allowed an opinion.

I'm drunk on G and T. I'll read this again tomorrow and determine if it's right :lol:

Definitely, Maybe is decent & Champagne Supernova is a good 2am tune, but aside from that, Oasis aren't that good. Now, I'm taking in retrospect as I was only a toddler when they were popular, but I get the sense that Oasis were championed as Working Class heroes and Blur were slightly unfashionable because they were middle-class art school kids - a difference especially potent in the mid-90s when Labour bounced back & the working class (appeared, at least) to have a voice again.

• Like 1

"Mark has a wide taste of music, so tonight we can expect to hear anything.... by Oasis", was a best man joke at lapal_fan's wedding, just to clear up that he likes Oasis... a bit.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â