Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Someone came up with a great question on talksport yesterday.

How many lego bricks would it take to make a bridge between new york and GB, capable of carrying cars?

That sounds about right for talksport. What a truly awful radio station that is.

Not just because the likes of Adrian Durham are pompous, arrogant arseholes trying to incite people with their frankly ridiculous opinions so that they'll call in, or the fact that Hawksbee and Jacobs are about as funny as a hernia, but purely because of the sheer lack of professionalism and the poor quality of the entire output.

Garbage.

And adverts. Incessant **** adverts.
Then, when there isn't an advert and they are doing their thing absolutely everything is sponsored by some company or other.

I literally have no idea how Durham keeps the 'drive' slot. I know different people like different things, but his show is just utter toss. He'll suggest something from the news the previous day (eg. Speculation of £50m bid for Everton youngster) then he and his co-host will assume opposite opinions on the story (which was almost certainly BS in the first place).

Who cares?

On the obscure music debate: I went in to Tudor Tunes in Lichfield when I was 14/15 and bought an album by an artist I'd only heard the name of, 12 years later Heartbreaker by Ryan Adams is still one of my favourite albums. Sounds a bit cliché, and by no means is Ryan Adams an obscure artist, but it raised a concern for me that unless I actively make an effort to find it Album X by Artist Y will forever remain the greatest album I've never heard.

So for me it's not a case of listening to obscure music for the sake of listening to obscure music, it's listening to everything because I don't want to miss out on something brilliant.

• Like 2

I like that song he did, for the robin hood film.

The new Ryan Adams album is good.

He'll never record anything better than Summer of 69, for my money.

Obvious joke is obvious.

OK I'll play along....I like the one he did with Sporty Spice.

Erm... Heaven

Obvious joke is obvious.

Erm... Heaven

Baby when you're gone. I realise I'm in love. Days go on and on and the nights just feel soooooo long, even food don't taste so good, drink ain't doing what it should, things just feel so wrong, baby when you're gone.

• Like 1

Obvious joke is obvious.

Erm... Heaven

Baby when you're gone. I realise I'm in love. Days go on and on and the nights just feel soooooo long, even food don't taste so good, drink ain't doing what it should, things just feel so wrong, baby when you're gone.

I'm uninviting you round to play Striker.

Obvious joke is obvious.

Erm... Heaven

I'm uninviting you round to play Striker.

Oh this is torture, this is pain, it feels like I'm gonna go insane!

• Like 3

It's: 'Even food don't taste THAT good,'

Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

You're never going to get to play Striker round VA's house now.  I may be able to win him back by not being lame enough to know it word for word.

• Like 1

Why when people have had a baby are there always photos of the bloke clutching the shrivelled little thing while topless?

There could be a perfectly valid reason, but having never had kids I've never been enlightened. I suspecte they are attempting to portray their tender manliness like that famous photo of the male model with a baby, except it doesn't work so well when the guy has tits and a paunch.

My first woke up one night and I went into the bedroom to sooth him whilst topless and he latched onto me... Never made the topless mistake again :)
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â