Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Someone came up with a great question on talksport yesterday.

How many lego bricks would it take to make a bridge between new york and GB, capable of carrying cars?

Which bricks are we using, traditional 4x2 stud?

How many lego bricks would it take to make a bridge between new york and GB, capable of carrying cars?

That sounds about right for talksport. What a truly awful radio station that is.

Not just because the likes of Adrian Durham are pompous, arrogant arseholes trying to incite people with their frankly ridiculous opinions so that they'll call in, or the fact that Hawksbee and Jacobs are about as funny as a hernia, but purely because of the sheer lack of professionalism and the poor quality of the entire output.

Garbage.

Edited by Ginko

That's fine, I've always been somewhat of Lego rebel anyway.

I've never built any Lego the way it's 'supposed' to be built, like as in the kits. I had a great big box with all random bits and just built my own shit, it was great fun and I definitely want my kids to have the same experience. It's great for learning creative skills.

I'd start off building your bridge but then veer off somewhere else and probably turn it into a spaceship.

Edited by Ginko

That sounds about right for talksport. What a truly awful radio station that is.

Not just because the likes of Adrian Durham are pompous, arrogant arseholes trying to incite people with their frankly ridiculous opinions so that they'll call in, or the fact that Hawksbee and Jacobs are about as funny as a hernia, but purely because of the sheer lack of professionalism and the poor quality of the entire output.

Garbage.

And adverts. Incessant **** adverts.

Yeah, and then often they repeat the same trails for their shit shows in the same block of ads too.

Oh, and just technically speaking they are rubbish. I'm no radio professional but I have done a fair bit of volunteer and hospital radio over the years, and dead air is a big no no. Talksport are constantly having a few seconds of dead air in between segments, or issues with turning microphones a second too late so it becomes audible mid-sentence. 

I'd say it's like an amateur radio station but the ones I've volunteered at were incredibly professional and well-run.

Oh, and also the amount of ego-stroking they all do. The other day they had Collymore on who waxed lyrical about TS being the first to break the fact that Delph was starting for England. **** off.

Edited by Ginko

Nah, just a few times this week on my way home from work. The first because I thought I might miss the start of the England game as I worked some overtime and it takes me over an hour to drive home, and then the next day to hear what they said about Delph's performance and then today for about twenty minutes because the PL was back this weekend and they had a soundbyte from Cleverley.

Needless to say I won't be making a habit of listening to it in future. It really was crap.

Why do people 'turn round' and say things? Stupid, pointless expression.

The ever-popular Stephen Fry had that very thing in his 'Room 101'.

That's good enough for me ... Today I shall attempt to use that phrase at least 10 times

• Like 1

Why didn't Chewbacca get a medal?

The medal presentation ceremony was held in the Grand Audience Chamber, the topmost room of the Great Temple, a huge ziggurat that hosted the Rebellion's primary base on the moon of Yavin 4.[2] Chewbacca, who was Solo's best friend and copilot, did not receive a medal during the official ceremony, as Wookieesdo not place any meaning in such tangible awards.[6] However, at the request of Solo, Chewbacca was presented with his own medal in private, during the feast that followed the ceremony. Princess Leia, who was too short to put it over the Wookiee's neck, stood on a table to award this final medal.
Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

I have noticed that every Friday lunchtime groups of young men are seen to go and have their haircut together - is this a recent trend?

Do you live in Turkey too?

I'm pretty sure a barbers here is just a tea-house. With an optional extra of a hair cut...when you feel like it.

Garbage.

And adverts. Incessant **** adverts.

And the constant betting odds.

BET NOW BET NOW FIRST GOALSCORER LAST CORNER TAKER AAVVIITTT LAAAAAAADS BET NOW BET NOW GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY PLEB SCUM

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â