Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

The solo in stairway to heaven or the eagles hotel california?

I love both, but Hotel California for me. I remember a while back they had that two-part documentary on the Eagles and they showed some old tour footage throughout. Seeing Felder an Walsh going back and forth in that solo and the twinning up at the end was brilliant.

I was pretty much raised on Zep and the Eagles, but my dad was always more of an Eagles fan so I'm probably biased too. I love Joe Walsh. Aside from being a brilliant guitarist he just comes across as hilarious and daft as shit. He was good mates with Keith Moon I believe. Jesus I bet those two got up to some crazy shit.

• Like 1

Must admit I've never really been into the eagles much, I don't mind some of walsh's solo stuff though. Yeah he comes across as a pleasant fun guy, yeah moon was just the craziest person ever to grace music. In LA in the 70s there was a drinkers club made up of moon,alice cooper,ringo starr and some others. They called themselves the vampires and everytime they all were in town they would meet up at the rainbow. They had a special room at the top of this club apparantly where all the rock stars would hang out.

I was pretty much raised on Zep and the Eagles, but my dad was always more of an Eagles fan so I'm probably biased too. I love Joe Walsh. Aside from being a brilliant guitarist he just comes across as hilarious and daft as shit. He was good mates with Keith Moon I believe. Jesus I bet those two got up to some crazy shit.

Walsh was indeed a buddy of mad Moon.

I have almost all Joe's albums on vinyl and all the Eagles...Hotel California edges Stairway as I don't even like Stairway that much. Plenty of better stuff in the Zep catalogue.

As for solos...Tom Sholtz on Boston's "Hitch A Ride"

Yeah stairway aint zeps best but the solo is very special, boston are a band I like. They made some decent stuff. Neil peart is considered one of the greats but I struggle with rush a lot of the time, I have some albums but really have to be in the mood for them.

best DRUM solo?

Ringo Starr, in the medley at the end of side two of Abbey Road. 

All other drum solos are horrible. 

I heard they had to bring in another drum set so Paul could alternate bass drum kicks...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â