Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On the memorial, this is worth a read

There’s a multimedia presentation depicting how, precisely, the towers collapsed. A wing for Pennsylvania and the Pentagon, tape loops of survivors telling how they got out. Smoke and fire and ash and twisted metal and the husk of an ambulance. Tattered flags, handwritten pleas for help, missing persons flyers, screams. Dusty, ownerless Topsiders encased in glass. A soot-coated bike rack, as it was found. Countless personal artifacts, artfully destroyed. The posters for King Kong and Manhattan and Working Girl with the towers, resplendent. The president addressing the nation and vowing steely, determined revenge. Hallways dedicated to tracing the hijackers’ timeline and of al-Qaeda’s rise and a video wall with people like Hillary Clinton laying out the justification for the unending war on terror, tying grief inextricably, cannily to political ideology in a way that might seem crass if I were able to process it all with a clear head. There is no way out until the end, and it’s all so numbing that maybe this is the whole point: The exhibition starts with one shining, unfathomably terrible morning and winds up as all of our lives, as banal and constant as laundry, bottomless. I can feel the sweat that went into making this not seem tacky, of wanting to show respect, but also wanting to show every last bit of carnage and visceral whomp to justify the $24 price of admission — vulgarity with the noblest intentions.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I was in my bedroom listening to Pantera and my mom came in and said "America's being bombed".  

I then watched the news for a bit before having to go to my evening shift at Morrisons.

Was lunch service where I was working the bar man said some things happening in america we all went in seen the second plane hit, just thought WTF then went back to work 

Went over to the states the next year visited ground zero the massive cross they made out of the structure was quite emotional but then you had people with stalls selling souvenirs couldn't believe it  

Edited by Meath_Villan

I remember getting home from work and asking my grandad who done it, he said probably those bloody afghans. I'd never heard of afghanistan until the war on terror started. That was a major statement by the terrorists.

Got some building work going on at the house and so we have a skip out the front of the house

Got home from work today to find it full of assorted junk that appears to have come from random households

I live up a private road with 4 houses , I'd be 99.9% sure that any of my neighbours would have asked before putting anything in it, we get on well and all talk to each other

Therefore does that mean there are random people driving around with loads of rubbish in their cars looking for skips to dump rubbish in ?

That's right. It was me. It was me all along!

You know that court injunction I took out on you forbids you coming within 100m of my house and not just me don't you Jenny

That's right. It was me. It was me all along!

You know that court injunction I took out on you forbids you coming within 100m of my house and not just me don't you Jenny

Yup. My solicitor gives me regular updates on your whereabouts

Got some building work going on at the house and so we have a skip out the front of the house

Got home from work today to find it full of assorted junk that appears to have come from random households

I live up a private road with 4 houses , I'd be 99.9% sure that any of my neighbours would have asked before putting anything in it, we get on well and all talk to each other

Therefore does that mean there are random people driving around with loads of rubbish in their cars looking for skips to dump rubbish in ?

i459845.jpg

• Like 2

When I was just an everyday poor person like most of you, I lived in quite a lively area. I had a skip for some house renovation (when we moved in you could stand on the ground floor, look up through the holes and see the sky). When it rained and we were in work I had to get my mother to call in and empty the buckets of rainwater.

Anyway, I had a skip and it sort of kept it's own level. You'd hear some commotion, look out of the window and some character had dumped an old dining table or ironing board in there. Twenty minutes later you'd hear commotion and somebody was liberating the stuff other people had dumped.

One day I had a half bag of cement that had been left out and solidified (left out so long the bag had gone green). it was of no use other than an interesting doorstop. With great effort I hoiked it into the skip. That evening we watched from behind the curtains as a bloke from up the road tried his best stealth ninja moves to climb into the skip and nick the gone off cement bag.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â