Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I've realised that my coffee press contains a litre of water, and that when I make a coffee, it'll be full.

So, I'm drinking a litre of black coffee 2/3 times a week. 

Isn't it funny how, despite me sitting quite still, my mind looks/feels like when the star wars aeroplane goes really fast.  like "BRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF-BOOOOOOOM!!! ZOOOOOOOOM!" and all the stars are lines and that. 

I'll be alright, probably. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Do people not weigh out their pasta, or anything else for that matter?

How else are you going to ensure a consistent portion size, and also not end up with either scraps of pasta left in the packet or unnecessarily large meals as a result of just using it all up?

I find 500 g is good for 6 portions, so 167 g (if you're lucky) between 2 people for a meal.

How are you accurately weighing spaghetti that is less fuss than sticking it in a hole??

I

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've realised that my coffee press contains a litre of water, and that when I make a coffee, it'll be full.

Isn't it funny how, despite me sitting quite still, my mind looks/feels like when the star wars aeroplane goes really fast.  like "BRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF-BOOOOOOOM!!! ZOOOOOOOOM!" and all the stars are lines and that. 

I am constantly bewildered by the effects of coffee that people describe. 

It never does anything like that to me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yeah you'll be fine. That's just the speed you operate at. Like Hammy in Over the Hedge.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

How are you accurately weighing spaghetti that is less fuss than sticking it in a hole??

I wouldn't say it's less fuss but not more fuss either, but it is more accurate. My kitchen scales are readily accessible.

Also the hole only works for spaghetti and other long, thin pasta types (personally I'm a big fan of bucatini over spaghetti, the hollow interior results in flavour spreading within the pasta and a larger volume [not mass though of course!] of pasta on the plate). Plus, everyone has different sized holes.

Edited by fightoffyour

I am horrified by people not weighing it out. It's not about there being too much food necessarily, but how do you make sure you get the right pasta to sauce ratio if you're just chucking random amounts of pasta in a pan?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Do people not weigh out their pasta, or anything else for that matter?

How else are you going to ensure a consistent portion size, and also not end up with either scraps of pasta left in the packet or unnecessarily large meals as a result of just using it all up?

I find 500 g is good for 6 portions, so 167 g (if you're lucky) between 2 people for a meal.

There is an old rule for measuring out pasta, it's straightforward really, only two steps:

1. Measure out the exact amount of pasta needed;

2. You've used too much pasta. 

• Haha 2

On 29/09/2023 at 10:57, mjmooney said:

I

Same here, I seem to get away with it. I can even have one before bed and be fine. My wife in the other hand is terrible with coffee. 

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Would the Villa team we have now if you also included the injured players have made the top 4 back in the MON era ? 

Yes, with Emery in charge.

I reckon the MON team would have made top 4 under Emery as well, but this current team would be nowhere near top 4 under MON.

No slight meant on MON at all as I love him to bits, but Emery is a completely different class of manager.

6 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Yes, with Emery in charge.

I reckon the MON team would have made top 4 under Emery as well, but this current team would be nowhere near top 4 under MON.

No slight meant on MON at all as I love him to bits, but Emery is a completely different class of manager.

Yeah I agree . I wouldn’t fancy this team under MON to get top 4 either, same here no offence to Martin . Football evolves like a lot of things. I remember growing up with some very good Man Utd teams in the 90s and intend to compare teams to them like the city team of now.

These horrific tragedies that happen... has there ever been a quote like "it's a terrible shame what happened to <x>... even though they were an absolute word removed, this isn't what they deserved"?  Apparently only the very best of society die.

• Like 2

Glad it's not just me. But then I can quite comfortably go a week and not drink a coffee. It's more an excuse for a break for me.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 11:07, BOF said:

Yeah you'll be fine. That's just the speed you operate at. Like Hammy in Over the Hedge.

shamelessly stolen from Futurama ,when Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee 

Edited by tonyh29

Judging by the amount of gadgets and paraphernalia which promise to make coffee which tastes as good as it smells, coffee-making has become a branch of alchemy.

From the famed Gaggia machines of the 1950s, and the perculators of the 1960s, to the cafetiere of modern times, the search goes on.

When you are invited to a friend's house and they point out their latest coffee gizmo, they are telling you they've made it into the middle-classes.

Blue Mountain coffee might even be mentioned.

I will agree on one thing though - Camp coffee was bloody awful.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â