Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 19/08/2023 at 23:26, blandy said:

Aside from the category error thing, maybe it's to do with brain size? Birds and warm blooded critters have maybe evolved more complex brains and social characteristics, whereas most if not all reptiles are kind of solitary and kind of have every day as a groundhog day - so they don't develop the same social interactions as many warm blooded critters, even if those interactions are limited to "if I go over there to that person I get food".

That said On holiday one time a little gecko seemed to kind of develop a "I get fed by these people" thing.

Er, dunno really, just guessing

We have the same thing here with Bobtail lizards.If you put food out for them on a regular basis they come and even wait for it,but apart from getting fed,I dont think they consider us as friends,just someone that brings food.

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We have the same thing here with Bobtail lizards.If you put food out for them on a regular basis they come and even wait for it,but apart from getting fed,I dont think they consider us as friends,just someone that brings food.

Here's a pic I took earlier

IMG_20221216_095911_HDR.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Also, what if you one day start to find that you like VT more for Off-Topic threads than football threads? 

That's a given. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Also, what if you one day start to find that you like VT more for Off-Topic threads than football threads? Do you get banned?

undercover-suspecting.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think there are regular off-topic posters who never venture into on topic.

I would say I'm about 87% off and 13% on.

We are playing our best football since Early Big Ron and Sir Brian. We have consensus good owners. We make great deals on player-transfers. We are winning football-matches, unbeaten at home in what, 8?
And people are still pissed and whinging in On Topic?!?

Why in all its holy would I want to converse in there? :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Tegis said:

We are playing our best football since Early Big Ron and Sir Brian. We have consensus good owners. We make great deals on player-transfers. We are winning football-matches, unbeaten at home in what, 8?
And people are still pissed and whinging in On Topic?!?

Why in all its holy would I want to converse in there? :D

I tried it and apparently I pushed the word removed pedal to the floor although that was from someone who also posts off topic.  I had been using a judicious half inch of sarcasm though 😁

Edited by sidcow

I rarely venture into On Topic.  

If we win the manager is great.  If we lose the manager is awful. 

Every new signing is absolutely amazing and will set VillaPark alight.  It's their first time living abroad where few people speak their language, their kids struggle to settle and they don't perform well.   They are rubbish and only came for the money.  

Player x is rubbish because he never tackles back. (But has created 30 goals). 

We win our first 6 matches.  Here comes the Champions League. We lose our first 6 matches. Here comes relegation. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â