Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Cool S is definitely a thing, as a child of the 90s I can recall seeing it doodled on many a work book or pencil case.

The crisp packet thing is more niche but I had a few friends that would do it, or the super scrunched thing where it almost looks like you're a Victorian magician forcing a string of handkerchiefs into your fist.

Another to add to this list - the Millwall brick. Officially made with a broadsheet newspaper, the same principles of folding paper in specific ways to make a club were also a regular sight in the yard at lunch, using bits of printer paper to make a hard block that bloody hurts when you're thumped with it.

As for crisp packets. Once I've torn them open and licked the greasy crumbs off every square inch of foil, I put the sheet in a bin.

41 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Is this the oldest still-selling chocolate bar on earth, and does anyone under the age of 80 eat them any more?

Frys_chocolate_cream__85028.jpg

yes and f*** knows, they are foul

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Is this the oldest still-selling chocolate bar on earth, and does anyone under the age of 80 eat them any more?

Frys_chocolate_cream__85028.jpg

If I can find them, sure. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Why does my dog put his chewys under all the pillows in the house?

Probably the same reason our cat brings all his kills to the doormat at our patio door (won't bring them if there's no mat) and a previous cat used to find twist-ties lying around and bring them all to his food bowl.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Probably the same reason our cat brings all his kills to the doormat at our patio door (won't bring them if there's no mat) and a previous cat used to find twist-ties lying around and bring them all to his food bowl.

Yes. Our cat does the same with nerf blaster darts etc. or puts dead birds under the dining room table. 😐

On 01/07/2023 at 17:54, chrisp65 said:

There’s another thing I wonder, on the subject of canoes, why do so many people mispronounce volcanoes?

I kayak splain it

• Like 1

If people keep repeatedly asking AI if it will rebel against humans, will this plant the seed in it's mind that perhaps that is something that it should be doing. 

• Like 2

Casually watching the tennis and seeing lacoste kit being worn by a few players...

Back in the early 80s as a spotty yoof office junior I first noticed lacoste and ellesse especially when i went to majorca for my first lads holiday....saw the polo shirts on sale and treated myself to a rather lovely pale blue ellesse one. Cost about £30 (back in 1983) so I was very wary of not spilling stuff on it or dirtying it.

Anyway......

Ellesse has come down on price over the years yet lacoste never really has. I often wonder why that is, as they were both premium tennis brands back in the day. 

42 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Casually watching the tennis and seeing lacoste kit being worn by a few players...

Back in the early 80s as a spotty yoof office junior I first noticed lacoste and ellesse especially when i went to majorca for my first lads holiday....saw the polo shirts on sale and treated myself to a rather lovely pale blue ellesse one. Cost about £30 (back in 1983) so I was very wary of not spilling stuff on it or dirtying it.

Anyway......

Ellesse has come down on price over the years yet lacoste never really has. I often wonder why that is, as they were both premium tennis brands back in the day. 

Depends on if you want to cheapen the brand and chase mass sales or remain somewhat exclusive. 

I remember my cousin coming over from USA in 1984 and his mum hanging loads of Lacoste shirts out to dry at Butlins. They were amazed when I said they were mad and they'd probably all get stolen. 

Turns out they had a brand called Izod Lacoste, the alligator was a different colour and they were pretty cheap. 

Obviously never released over here but I was delighted to be sent one on my next Birthday. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Apart from the fact that I don't buy trendy brands generally, I thought for years that Ellesse was purely a women's brand, due to the name. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â