Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I blame Charles Dance for starting the unshaven look to be fashionable. IIRC when interviewed on Wogan (yeah, I know) and being questioned on his facial hair he remarked it was "designer stubble"......and the rest is history so to speak. 

They wont go out of fashion because its propped up by people like myself who are unshaven because they're lazy

I've got an electric trimmer which takes 10 mins and I don't even do that more than once a fortnight

Then I can add in the benefits that I dont get shaving rash from it, to be fair it's 10+ years since I clean shaved but I used to get it bad, and then I add on top of all that that it does look better with a little bit of stubble

And then something which I've grown out of but there's still always going to be the element of a 20 year old kid wanting proper facial hair to say he's a developed manly man and that is followed by a pissing contest as who can get a proper beard

Basically I think there's loads to it rather than just fashion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and that is followed by a pissing contest as who can get a proper beard

I would lose this contest against most 20 year old kids. Nearly 50 and still can't grow anything more than a patchy bit of growth than makes me look like a homeless after three weeks. 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 12:05, mottaloo said:

I blame Charles Dance for starting the unshaven look to be fashionable. IIRC when interviewed on Wogan (yeah, I know) and being questioned on his facial hair he remarked it was "designer stubble"......and the rest is history so to speak. 

We all Dance to the music of time

• Like 1

Hopefully when the clearings in the woods finally get tired of wearing beards and check shirts we can also knock the craft beer on the head and get back to some real ale as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully when the clearings in the woods finally get tired of wearing beards and check shirts we can also knock the craft beer on the head and get back to some real ale as well.

Careful, you're in danger of going full on gammon there :mrgreen: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Careful, you're in danger of going full on gammon there :mrgreen: 

I'll embrace it.  We didn't leave Europe for forrin beers to replace our fine , superior British Pints.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

you had me right up until Real Ale   .. people that drink that muck are even worse than Hipsters 

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Real ale quaffers have beards as well. Not as coiffured as the lumberjack hipster, but still hirsute. 

I was wondering to myself just the other day whether there will ever be a time where I decide to shave my beard off.  Probably only for medical reasons I think.  I always looked young for my age and assumed I couldn't grow one until I got really bad food poisoning for over a week and couldn't be arsed to shave.  I regretted shaving it off to go back to work as I had lost a shocking amount of weight round my face, so grew it straight back.

I've been in and out of beards for about 5 years now and I've finally decided I prefer clean shaven. I can just about cope with a very light stubble but any more than that and it feels weird.

This is my face by the way

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â