Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I don’t often wonder it but as of today, who the hell is Speed?

I'd never even heard of him until the Utd game when for some reason he appeared on my twitter wall. 

Now he's all over it as everyone is talking about him. 

I have no idea why and have zero interest. Unfollowed a few people because of it. 

It's one of those memes/people that's really hard to understand why he's famous if you didn't see it evolve.

Basically he's an American streamer who got attention because on one of his streams somebody asked him who his favourite footballer was and he responded by shouting "CHRISTEN RONALDO... SEWEY!!"

That became a meme which gained him followers. He's since got into football, including being chosen to play in a charity match despite never really playing football, but ended up being alright at it.

His gimmick basically is that he's thick as shit, knows nothing about football, loves Ronaldo, and has an infectious personality. And it's culminated in him releaseing a world cup song. Which is really catchy but also terrible.

TL;DR: imagine the kind of guy everyone loves, but VT hates. That's him.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 3

A quick search suggests he’s an American YouTuber, gaming and seemingly a Man Utd/Ronaldo fan.

That’s as far as my intrigue has taken me. 

Edit - all my endeavours to find that out and once again I’m beaten to the punch.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

This is basically what made him famous (this is just after one of his followers asked him what football team he supports)

Which I know will annoy VTers, but I find it fascinating that this 2 seconds has changed this guy's life forever. 

He plays up to it now as he knows it gets him views and popularity. But there's no way he could have known here what that 2 seconds would lead to

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I wonder, if you lined up all the shits you've ever done in a line, how long it would be.

Also, WHO'S would be longest, this earning the title "full of shit".

Happy Monday x

It would be @Xela obviously but I think due to age and IBS I could give him a good…..run for his money. 

• Like 1

Can someone explain how this works;

Lets say a company in USA make fridges.They cost $500 to make and they sell for $1000 in the USA,so their profit is $500 for each fridge sold.Here is the part I dont understand.These fridges sell for $400 in Thailand,so how do they make their profit in Thailand ?  

Just now, PussEKatt said:

Can someone explain how this works;

Lets say a company in USA make fridges.They cost $500 to make and they sell for $1000 in the USA,so their profit is $500 for each fridge sold.Here is the part I dont understand.These fridges sell for $400 in Thailand,so how do they make their profit in Thailand ?  

My guess would be that manufacturing takes place in Asia and there are cheaper production costs. I would hazard a guess that it costs significantly less than 500 to make a fridge in the us with volume it has to be less. 

I dont know how much it cost to make a fridge in the USA.What I meant was the price of anything is cheaper in Asian countries than western countries,so if you buy a fridge in Oz for $1000 and you can buy the same fridge in Bangcock for $300,then are you bieng ripped off ?

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont know how much it cost to make a fridge in the USA.What I meant was the price of anything is cheaper in Asian countries than western countries,so if you buy a fridge in Oz for $1000 and you can buy the same fridge in Bangcock for $300,then are you bieng ripped off ?

Transport and import duties would come into play. Then there's economy of scale, Australia isn't a largely populated country so the market itself isn't that big and you being in Perth are at the wrong end of the country too I'd imagine

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I wonder, if you lined up all the shits you've ever done in a line, how long it would be.

Also, WHO'S would be longest, this earning the title "full of shit".

Happy Monday x

Ah, its actually “whose”.

Such a shame, a minor error in an otherwise delightful post.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's one of those memes/people that's really hard to understand why he's famous if you didn't see it evolve.

Basically he's an American streamer who got attention because on one of his streams somebody asked him who his favourite footballer was and he responded by shouting "CHRISTEN RONALDO... SEWEY!!"

That became a meme which gained him followers. He's since got into football, including being chosen to play in a charity match despite never really playing football, but ended up being alright at it.

His gimmick basically is that he's thick as shit, knows nothing about football, loves Ronaldo, and has an infectious personality. And it's culminated in him releaseing a world cup song. Which is really catchy but also terrible.

TL;DR: imagine the kind of guy everyone loves, but VT hates. That's him.

You are our resident 'down with the kids' guy.  

• Haha 1

Why is there so much traffic on the road... ALL. DAY. LONG? 

It's not so long ago, that there was an obvious increased volume during the morning and evening commuter periods - and a bit of a mid-afternoon peak for the school run, but - say - mid-morning, even the main roads would be relatively quiet, with most people at work. WFH should cause a reduction. And I know that people shift their hours a lot, but the road I live on is solid, regardless of time. I can be waiting several minutes to get off the drive, even mid-morning. Where are they all going? 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Why is there so much traffic on the road... ALL. DAY. LONG? 

It's not so long ago, that there was an obvious increased volume during the morning and evening commuter periods - and a bit of a mid-afternoon peak for the school run, but - say - mid-morning, even the main roads would be relatively quiet, with most people at work. WFH should cause a reduction. And I know that people shift their hours a lot, but the road I live on is solid, regardless of time. I can be waiting several minutes to get off the drive, even mid-morning. Where are they all going? 

Aging population innit ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â