Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Do you often wonder how to use the search facility? 😜

Not really. I assumed that the Mods would have tidied dead threads up or merged them together and not left the site all untidy. 😜

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We solved it. 

But only temporarily? 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

We solved it. 

Are you a member of the Republican Party in the US, by any chance?

8 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

But only temporarily? 

Yes, now the problem has reappeared in reverse, apparently:  Whites are being discriminated against.   Particularly, white male Republicans.  They're having diversity shoved down their throats and are being asked to believe the ridiculous notion that the effects of slavery persist today.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is there a worse lyric in the history of song than…”Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannon ball”?

This could very well be!

Desree - Life: I don't want to see a ghost It's a sight that I fear most I'd rather have a piece of toast

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

"They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot."

Wish they'd buried you under it.

A) Surely that’s about The Cavern :D 

B) worst lyric. love me feckin do

• Haha 1

I think a sizeable proportion of lyrics don’t sound great when taken out of context.

Those particular Champagne Supernova lyrics often get a bit of a kicking but I’d happily sing those ahead of other (mainly later) oasis stuff because at least those nonsense lyrics come with the confident swagger of being backed by a decent tune. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think a sizeable proportion of lyrics don’t sound great when taken out of context.

Those particular Champagne Supernova lyrics often get a bit of a kicking but I’d happily sing those ahead of other (mainly later) oasis stuff because at least those nonsense lyrics come with the confident swagger of being backed by a decent tune. 

Which is the point of oasis, its not deep or clever or anything but when you're with your mates in a pub you'll be belting it out with the rest of them, even now 30 years later

Worried about that lyric making sense when the song is called "champagne supernova" none of it makes sense, neither does supersonic

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is there a worse lyric in the history of song than…”Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannon ball”?

"Live for your toys
Even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plasticine
Even tried a trampoline"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

"Live for your toys
Even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plasticine
Even tried a trampoline"

That was one of the songs I was thinking of, but only the toys/noise bit, I’d completely eradicated the plasticine/trampoline line from my memory.

<shudders>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Going to Turkey next week, tipping in pounds / euros, is that an actual thing or does it just piss them off?

Lining up a bag of coins to give the cleaners etc

You can't change foreign coins anywhere, so unless you are tipping in notes...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You can't change foreign coins anywhere, so unless you are tipping in notes...

Really? When I went to Egypt literally everything from street vendors was 1 pound / 1 Dollar / 1 Euro. They must have had some way of changing them. I would think Turkey's not so different. 

On 19/03/2019 at 16:06, Mark Albrighton said:

How many attempts would it take for me to successfully conquer the travelator on Gladiators.

I still wonder this.

However, if the same thought ever crossed the mind of this bloke, he now has a definitive answer (some nsfw “encouragement” used by onlookers) -

Edited by Mark Albrighton

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I still wonder this.

However, if the same thought ever crossed the mind of this bloke, he now had a definitive answer (some nsfw “encouragement” used by onlookers) -

Used all his energy up touching that girls ass. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â