Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah there you go

Where was that out of interest?

google :) 

I had seen it in Thailand but like you wasn't sure if it was an official thing or a spontaneous thing so had a look to see if it was common practise 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

They'd get mighty confused in Budapest waiting for shoes to move.

;););)

#secretbudapestlols

All those people going to the Danube thinking its a memorial and really its just a queue for the boat trip :) 

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why are queues meant to be exclusively British?  Everywhere I've been in the world, people either queue or wait in order.

I posed the question as I've often seen it cited as a British phenomenon.  I think on the actual day I asked it I had seen something in The New York Times saying something like "Brits do what Brits do best and form a queue"

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I posed the question as I've often seen it cited as a British phenomenon.  I think on the actual day I asked it I had seen something in The New York Times saying something like "Brits do what Brits do best and form a queue"

Me and @blandy went to a gig a few weeks ago and there was a queue for the bar, this was not an organised thing, no-one was there telling people to queue, there was no signage indicating that queuing was the done thing, it just formed

My battle hardened gig elbows were most disappointed. They've taken all the skill out of getting served

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Me and @blandy went to a gig a few weeks ago and there was a queue for the bar, this was not an organised thing, no-one was there telling people to queue, there was no signage indicating that queuing was the done thing, it just formed

My battle hardened gig elbows were most disappointed. They've taken all the skill out of getting served

When I Wor A Lad, I had a reputation among my mates for being an expert at getting served at very crowded bars. I eventually got pissed off at always being the one to have to do it. The skills clearly haven't been lost, as the wife and I were sitting outside a busy pub at the coast recently, and another woman had just sent her feller in to get their drinks. I went in after him, and came back with ours a couple of minutes later. About ten minutes later he finally reappeared, muttering about how impossible it all was in there. 

I did that whistling thing... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I Wor A Lad, I had a reputation among my mates for being an expert at getting served at very crowded bars. I eventually got pissed off at always being the one to have to do it. The skills clearly haven't been lost, as the wife and I were sitting outside a busy pub at the coast recently, and another woman had just sent her feller in to get their drinks. I went in after him, and came back with ours a couple of minutes later. About ten minutes later he finally reappeared, muttering about how impossible it all was in there. 

I did that whistling thing... 

Did you whistle at the bartender to get served? 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Indeed. The Continental pub in Preston has become a queuing pub and I like it.  I think it’s because of shortage of bar staff as much as anything, but it’s stuck and made the best pub in Preston even better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Why are potatoes mashed, but avocados smashed? 

Because that's exactly what they are. Smashed implies a degree of some of the avocado retianing its original form whereas mash is potatoes that are essentially pureed 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Because that's exactly what they are. Smashed implies a degree of some of the avocado retianing its original form whereas mash is potatoes that are essentially pureed 

I see. I thought it was some foodie pseudery. 

I wouldn't know, I never touch the vile things. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â