Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Would be stretching it to say I often wonder it but when did they remove all the “in emergency break glass” hammers off trains? The wee boxes are still there but empty. Presumably in a worst case scenario, we just form an orderly queue and wait patiently for either rescue or a slow death?

From an evolutionary point of view why has no virus evolved to provide positive symptoms (like a boost of adrenaline or serotonin) so you walk around feeling strong or happy for a few days. Is it they don't exist or perhaps they do and we're just not looking for them? 

• Like 1

Can you reason with a wife/partner.

I think I mentioned we are having a kitchen extension done. Well, builder's been round gave us the quote all good, got a cancelled job too, so can start in 4 weeks great, sorted the funds and plans. Now the Mrs decided she wants underfloor heating, (thinks a bigger kitchen won't be warm enough, even with more rads) which although not part of the budget will be okay in the extension, but means we will have to rip up the floor in the original kitchen, which is just not reasonable within the budget, or moreso the hassle of it. Ideally to save on costs we was just going to blend in the original kitchen including flooring into the extension, easy. But now she is adamant we will need it, even after explaining the issues and hassle with having it done. It's really gonna end up the whole build being put on hold, cause there is know way I am ripping up the whole kitchen just for some underfloor heating system, not a chance!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think I mentioned we are having a kitchen extension done. Well, builder's been round gave us the quote all good, got a cancelled job too, so can start in 4 weeks great, sorted the funds and plans. Now the Mrs decided she wants underfloor heating, (thinks a bigger kitchen won't be warm enough, even with more rads) which although not part of the budget will be okay in the extension, but means we will have to rip up the floor in the original kitchen, which is just not reasonable within the budget, or moreso the hassle of it. Ideally to save on costs we was just going to blend in the original kitchen including flooring into the extension, easy. But now she is adamant we will need it, even after explaining the issues and hassle with having it done. It's really gonna end up the whole build being put on hold, cause there is know way I am ripping up the whole kitchen just for some underfloor heating system, not a chance!

Jeez this could get a bit funky !, maybe you could twist the builder into telling the Mrs about possible problems and expense 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder why there are so many duplicate posts on VT this evening. 

There was an update in the last hour or so, wonder if that has something to do with it

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder why there are so many duplicate posts on VT this evening. 

I wonder why so many people can't hide their own sodding duplicate posts leaving me to do it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I wonder why so many people can't hide their own sodding duplicate posts leaving me to do it

Now you've said it, I see the option right under the menu by edit. Genuinely had no idea that was something we mere mortals could do though, my bad!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

As long as she pays the difference herself, whats the problem ;) 

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

look at pads not pipes, if you go for the traditional pipe system its the depth that you need, it wont just take up the kitchen flooring you could end up playing with the screed and everything, adjusting door heights etc etc just to get the clearance

See the source image

underfloor heating in general IMO is a bit of a waste of time, I've got it and never use it, if you're having an extension you can look at other ways of keeping heat like triple glazed windows or better insulation or better air tightness and that will do more good for the room and your bills

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

look at pads not pipes, if you go for the traditional pipe system its the depth that you need, it wont just take up the kitchen flooring you could end up playing with the screed and everything, adjusting door heights etc etc just to get the clearance

See the source image

underfloor heating in general IMO is a bit of a waste of time, I've got it and never use it, if you're having an extension you can look at other ways of keeping heat like triple glazed windows or better insulation or better air tightness and that will do more good for the room and your bills

I have underfloor heating in my flat and literally never use it. Genuinely.

I mean it's nice to have given I'm renting at the moment. But the flats are so well insulated they're genuinely obsolete 

So the latest on my underfloor heating conundrum. As I thought, the builder has said he will need to take 300mm up of the original kitchen floor, which my Mrs said okay, until he said it would take a full day with a jack hammer and he cannot guarantee it will not affect any other part of the house with the vibration. She says she is still interested in having it done, but I think she just doesn't wanna admit defeat. Winner winner chicken dinner. 😂

On 07/07/2022 at 04:54, fightoffyour said:

Why does my recycling only get collected once every 4 or 5 weeks? It's clearly not frequently enough.

You're going to have to start buying beer in bigger bottles so there won't be so many of them to dispose of.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â