Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

How did the site cope with the Rashica fiasco in the summer of 2020? I remember looking at the thread and then again 20 minutes later and the page count had soared exponentially which was quite fitting considering what was happening at the time.

I don't want to out myself, but I will as it may be no surprise to some. Rashica fiasco?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If it's phone, rotate so it's landscape. They are displayed for me. 

Cheers but I’ve tried that, doesn’t change anything.

Not that I’m particularly bothered about seeing, just mildly curious why it’s not showing.

A0243E09-6AD9-49A1-A348-18390F9ABAD5.png.624368104686793ae5261ed6718da2f2.png

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don't want to out myself, but I will as it may be no surprise to some. Rashica fiasco?

Kosovan lad, plays for Norwich now. We were linked, a player thread was created accordingly, turned into a plehtora (synonym of a lot) of tits and fish puns, flight tracking and his and his wife's/significant other's Instagram updates. Maybe festival would have been a more appropriate word.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Kosovan lad, plays for Norwich now. We were linked, a player thread was created accordingly, turned into a plehtora (synonym of a lot) of tits and fish puns, flight tracking and his and his wife's/significant other's Instagram updates. Maybe festival would have been a more appropriate word.

I appreciate this kind of detail. It should always be factored in when talking to me about football that I have no clue about any of the details. Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Can't believe anyone close to VT wouldn't remember this. 

Kept the mods busy, it was like they were trying to herd sheep. 

I remember everyone getting excited about hitting a stupidly high page number milestone but it kept going backwards 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe anyone close to VT wouldn't remember this. 

Maybe he was a part of it, he is just further along with his therapist than the rest of us are in forgetting about it.

• Haha 2

Wasted on me. I sometimes dip into other football (when everything bar wrestling has been read) but almost never into Villa. I have said before I don't follow football anymore, this isn't an exaggeration. 

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Related to avatars, I’ve noticed that some members don’t have post count icons next to theirs.

For example @HKP90 and @AV82

Why is this?

And to the two posters, do you pine to one day be entitled Grandmaster? 

I think I've fixed this (at least for anyone that has posted this year). Please report problems with the site using the report feature, or by posting in "Site Issues".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

What I find fascinating is people that have accounts for years (sometimes 15 years etc), are currently logged in, but never post. Or even like/laugh a post. I wonder if they ever get tempted? Why create an account but never post? You can just browse as a guest. 

New posts take a while to show when you're browsing as a guest. I mostly used to browse in the transfer windows and signed up so I could read any bullshit rumours as soon as they were posted. More fool me!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

New posts take a while to show when you're browsing as a guest. I mostly used to browse in the transfer windows and signed up so I could read any bullshit rumours as soon as they were posted. More fool me!

It’s like that free first bag of smack the dealers give you to get you to give them all your disposable income for the rest of your mortal life. 

7 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It’s like that free first bag of smack the dealers give you to get you to give them all your disposable income for the rest of your mortal life. 

Eugh, could you not go and accidentally diagnose the root of most of my problems. Let me enjoy my pint, cig, spliff and big mac in the sun in peace.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Eugh, could you not go and accidentally diagnose the root of most of my problems. Let me enjoy my pint, cig, spliff and big mac in the sun in peace.

Enjoy away, mate. Yolo 👍

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

It worked on you.

6 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

But not on Sam.

:mrgreen:

• Haha 2

On 21/05/2022 at 06:55, It's Your Round said:

Related to avatars, I’ve noticed that some members don’t have post count icons next to theirs.

For example @HKP90 and @AV82

Why is this?

And to the two posters, do you pine to one day be entitled Grandmaster? 

Strange that, I can view my post count, and everyone else's, just fine.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â