Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Holy Crap Limpid is malfunctioning!

Has anybody tried switching him off and on again? 

• Haha 3

When will be the last time that companies blame COVID 19 for sh!t customer service?  

I went into a financial company today.  I shall not name them, buts it's a building society that operates NATIONWIDE There were signs apologising for long wait time due to staff shortages caused by COVID.  I know most of the branch staff and casually asked who'd got COVID and how they were. 

No-one had COViD!   Two were on holiday. One was on a training course and another was catching up with paperwork.  

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

When will be the last time that companies blame COVID 19 for sh!t customer service?  

I went into a financial company today.  I shall not name them, buts it's a building society that operates NATIONWIDE There were signs apologising for long wait time due to staff shortages caused by COVID.  I know most of the branch staff and casually asked who'd got COVID and how they were. 

No-one had COViD!   Two were on holiday. One was on a training course and another was catching up with paperwork.  

If you look at The Rotunda you will see that there are a large number of number of windows missing.  It's been going on for a couple of years now.  Meaning Evil ran a piece about it around 12 months ago and were told that by the building management company that they were having difficulties arranging replacement because of Covid.   I have loads of construction clients and the construction industry barely missed a heatbeat during Covid so I know that was a bollox response.

Look now and there is a ton more missing windows.  I wish Meaning Evil would do a follow up and see what their response is this time.

At least they've replaced the wooden boarding with some purple colour which isn't quite as shambolic looking but is very close still.

It's about as sincere as their claims that your call is very important to them. It's just been an excuse to cut costs and not provide adequate levels of staffing, it's a pisstake.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Can I guess it'll be the taxi trade and it'll probably be true too. There are approximately 50% less taxi drivers than there were at the start of the pandemic and it will more than likely take ten years to get those numbers back up. Until that situation is resolved shit customer service will exist and it will be because of the pandemic (and the lack of unemployment and that Local Councils are f***ing useless)

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can I guess it'll be the taxi trade and it'll probably be true too. There are approximately 50% less taxi drivers than there were at the start of the pandemic and it will more than likely take ten years to get those numbers back up. Until that situation is resolved shit customer service will exist and it will be because of the pandemic (and the lack of unemployment and that Local Councils are f***ing useless)

Is it really "due to the pandemic"? Did 50% of the drivers die, or did lots of them just use the quiet spell to find other jobs and realise driving taxis is a ballache that doesn't justify the type of rates in the Uber era taxi economy?

Is there another blocker on filling the jobs, or is it a bit like some companies claiming they have staffing troubles due to Brexit, rather than the fact they want to work people to the bone for a wage that it's almost impossible to live on unless the employee can tolerate sharing a room in a slum. Brexit might have triggered the loss of labour, but it's not the root cause.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

Is it really "due to the pandemic"? Did 50% of the drivers die, or did lots of them just use the quiet spell to find other jobs and realise driving taxis is a ballache that doesn't justify the type of rates in the Uber era taxi economy?

It's a bit like some companies claiming they have staffing troubles due to Brexit, rather than the fact they want to work people to the bone for a wage that it's almost impossible to live on unless the employee can tolerate sharing a room in a slum. Brexit might have triggered the loss of labour, but it's not the root cause.

That is not what I'm talking about, there is always a big churn in the industry, the due to the Pandemic is more because local councils are not recognising that they need to act faster to licence drivers. Drivers can be waiting up to a year to be licensed. The pandemic hit numbers for sure but it wasn't just because drivers found new jobs, many just plain and simple retired any lots of drivers with roots abroad just went home to be with their families but like I said that isn't the issue.

Local councils are still working as if we are in lockdown in many places. Our local council only has 8 slots for new driver appointments a week because the staff that need to meet drivers face to face in a meeting that the council insist on are working from home and are showing little sign of changing this. Our local council is one of the largest in terms of taxi driver numbers. What the council is doing is quite frankly ludicrous.

Also, Uber isn't cheap that has always been a fallacy. A fallacy that lost $6billion dollars in the first quarter of this year, That's 6 times its usual loss

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When will the first quadruple barrelled surname child be born?

"There are even a few "quadruple-barrelled" surnames (e.g. Hepburn-Stuart-Forbes-Trefusis, Hovell-Thurlow-Cumming-Bruce, Montagu-Stuart-Wortley-Mackenzie, Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, Lane Fox Pitt-Rivers, and Stirling-Home-Drummond-Moray)."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-barrelled_name#:~:text=There are even a few,Home-Drummond-Moray).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ah yes, I was getting him confused with the guy who led The Israelites to the Land of Honey Boo Boo. 

Desmond Dekker?

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â