Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is hilarious but not quite as painful because at least the team-mate was just as daft and you could both have a laugh about it. And although it was a ridiculous answer, even if they'd understood the question, they probably wouldn't have got it.

The scathing look from the girl in the previous video would be one of those things I think about and cringe for decades to come. Awful.

To be fair to the bloke, the video cuts out before Ben Sheperd repeats the question and the bloke clocks it straight away that he's misunderstood the question.
The woman doesn't though :D 

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The classic was one from Pointless where the question was something like "A European country ending in AND"

The girl said Paris

Edit: it was countries that end in two consonants. And here it is. Her partner's reaction is incredible

Pointless is brilliant in general when the player gives a stupid answer and the partner tries to disguise the anger.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Does anybody else use lines from films or tv shows when they talk in everyday life?

Not just random lines it's got to fit the message you're trying to relay, but you say the exact line in the voice or accent from the film.

I’m quite fond of using “bed? Beds for sleepy people, let’s get a kebab and go to a disco” whenever the missus gets tired on a night out.

3568A581-E137-4329-A17B-F7B0FADEA945.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Probably at least once a day I use a Seinfeld or an inspired by Seinfeld line. Referring to Whales as fish, describing people as close talkers, close walkers, etc, if there is a Senfeld line I will use it. 

Unpopular opinion: I never saw the fuss about Seinfeld.  Don’t crucify me, I know I’m in the 1% minority and heard all the reasons why I’m an idiot.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Unpopular opinion: I never saw the fuss about Seinfeld.  Don’t crucify me, I know I’m in the 1% minority and heard all the reasons why I’m an idiot.

Ah no crucification here. Some don't get it and it has been discussed. For me it's the pinnacle of television comedy. I go back to it weekly and laugh out loud still. It's not for everyone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Caught the end of The Chase on TV the other night. Can't remember the question, but it began 'Which European city is the . . .?' Two women in the final round, clearly not going to be able to win because they had a puny score. One women says to the other 'Slovakia?' 'No, it has to be a city' the other replied. Three seconds later they agreed on 'Belarus'.

It's amazing just how many people are completely and utterly clueless when it comes to geography.

I know following football probably helps but I have a genuine interest in places and where they are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Ah no crucification here. Some don't get it and it has been discussed. For me it's the pinnacle of television comedy. I go back to it weekly and laugh out loud still. It's not for everyone.

It's the GOAT for "that" kind of comedy imo. Set the standard for dozens of other comedies that followed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

What? Given a choice between Seinfeld and say Corner Gas ... I'd take Corner Gas any day.

Not going to lie I have never heard of corner gas. Might give it a watch but as Seinfeld has been up there for me since the 90s, I'm not ready for anything to take its place.Yeah it's available on Plex for me so I will give it a go. 

Edited by Seat68

If the UK was in a similar position to Ukraine (invaded by Russia and not protected my Nato) what would happen?  Let's assume we don't use nuclear weapons.  

I am sure that our military would give a damn good account of themselves.  

But would the general public flock to the cause?  How many foreign nationals would fight for us?  Would people seek refuge in Ireland and/or France?  How much of the UK would we be willing to lose?  Would we leave the Falklands and Gibraltar unprotected?  Which celebrities would grab a rifle? Who would shell St Andrews first?  

20 hours ago, turvontour said:

Does anybody else use lines from films or tv shows when they talk in everyday life?

Not just random lines it's got to fit the message you're trying to relay, but you say the exact line in the voice or accent from the film.

I will constantly crowbar song lyrics into pretty much any conversation much to the annoyance of friends, family and colleagues. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I will pretty much constantly crowbar song lyrics into pretty much any conversation much to the annoyance of friends, family and colleagues. 

How flair is punished. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

How flair is punished. 

Dunno what you're talking about.

I have to wait for someone to talk about something Howard Jones or Nick Kershaw might have referenced.  It's a challenge at times I will admit.

If a two-wheeled ride-on vehicle is a 'bike', 

and a three-wheeled ride-on vehicle is a 'trike', 

why is a four-wheeled ride-on vehicle a 'quad bike', and not a 'quike'? 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If the UK was in a similar position to Ukraine (invaded by Russia and not protected my Nato) what would happen?  Let's assume we don't use nuclear weapons.  

I am sure that our military would give a damn good account of themselves.  

But would the general public flock to the cause?  How many foreign nationals would fight for us?  Would people seek refuge in Ireland and/or France?  How much of the UK would we be willing to lose?  Would we leave the Falklands and Gibraltar unprotected?  Which celebrities would grab a rifle? Who would shell St Andrews first?  

If VT is a gauge , then we'd be welcoming Russia with flowers and helping them do a Mussolini on the Royal family  and throw in Johnson for free 

The army I think would give a good account of themselves but  I'm not convinced the general population would show the same appetite to fight as the  Ukrainians have tbh ,  we'd probably show our support for the army by going out to clap once a week  , unless there is something good on TV that night 

I guess I'd take the family and join the exodus  ,  though if the choices were refuge in Ireland or France , I think I'd take my chances with a Molotov cocktail 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, nick76 said:

never actually watched it  .. i just watched  a clip on youtube and don't think its for me tbh , is it supposed to be a comedy it wasn't obvious   ?

Was it before Friends or a lazy TV exec stealing the format   cause the MO seemed to be identical 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â