Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Those ice skaters that spin and spin at speed. Iv'e had it explained how they don't get dizzy, as I used to know a amateur skater. But still never understood how it actually works. Try and focus on one position when spinning?? How the hell would you even see?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

maybe they won they day and having achieved one of their life ambitions , moved onto their next ambition of trying to get 30 followers on twitter 

since the pandemic my work dynamic has changed and I just don't get enough time to post as much as I used to  , nowadays , I tend to just read threads without necessarily posting unless something really riles me , like a poster saying they find Mrs Browns boys funny or they put gravy on stuff 

My reading hasn't changed at all. I still read all the threads I have always read, I give out reactions but I am not a prolific poster as that takes a bit more time. 

10 hours ago, il_serpente said:

He was referring to the ones whose absence we'll notice.  

:trollface:

Yes, for example, the lad who was too good at sex and was having such long sex marathons he had to come on VT and ask all the experts here for advice. He just disappeared one day.

• Haha 2

I feel there is an abundance of posters especially in the summer transfer thread who I don't recognise but moreover,  on a serious note I kind of worry if some previously regular posters are OK and haven't had too bad a turn in life or ultimately passed on, but merely got fed up of posting. 

One guy I miss is Peter the guy with the Swedish chef profile pic.....his recipes were amazing. Hasn't been on since 2020. Hope he's alright. 

Edited by mottaloo

17 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I feel there is an abundance of posters especially in the summer transfer thread who I don't recognise but moreover,  on a serious note I kind of worry if some previously regular posters are OK and haven't had too bad a turn in life or ultimately passed on, but merely got fed up of posting. 

One guy I miss is Peter the guy with the Swedish chef profile pic.....his recipes were amazing. Hasn't been on since 2020. Hope he's alright. 

A lot of posters have changed their screen name, which doesn't help matters.

I think we should have a thread where posters can reveal who they used to be, as there seem a lot that know me(from years back) but their screen name is only from the last couple of years.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

A lot of posters have changed their screen name, which doesn't help matters.

I think we should have a thread where posters can reveal who they used to be, as there seem a lot that know me(from years back) but their screen name is only from the last couple of years.

Didn't think that you could change your screen name? 

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why is it always so **** windy on recycling day?

I guarantee my road will resemble Tipton (I.e. a shit-tip) tomorrow. 

Some knob heads round my way always leave their bins balanced at precarious angles on grass verges and every morning after a windy day they're all fallen over like 9 pins with their contents spread over the pavement and blowing around the street. 

Meanwhile anyone who leaves them on the pavement or on the end of their drives are fine.  

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some knob heads round my way always leave their bins balanced at precarious angles on grass verges and every morning after a windy day they're all fallen over like 9 pins with their contents spread over the pavement and blowing around the street. 

Meanwhile anyone who leaves them on the pavement or on the end of their drives are fine.  

So what you're saying is Lapal is like Tipton with grass verges?

Why are biscuits always so inaccurately named? 

Digestives are not digestive

Ginger nuts contain no nuts 

Cream crackers are not creamy 

Rich teas are not rich and contain no tea 

Bourbons are not made with bourbon 

Nice are not particularly nice 

Cornish wafers aren't made in Cornwall 

Bath olivers would just go soggy in the bath 

Jammy dodgers cannot dodge anything 

Garibaldis have never unified Italy 

Midget gems are not gems 

Shortbread are not particularly short, and are not made of bread 

Viscounts have no aristocratic credentials 

Yoyos have no string, and don't work 

Fig rolls don't roll, as they are too flat 

Arrowroots are incapable of rooting for arrows 

Breakaways just sit there 

Clubs are way too small to use as clubs 

Penguins can't swim 

I've a good mind to write to my MP. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bath olivers would just go soggy in the bath

Pun actually unintentional here but is a bath oliver like a water biscuit? They look similar.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â