Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Before I was conceived the molecules that made me were already in existence.  They were parts of other things.  

When I was conceived I began collecting molecules.  I am still collecting them today.  I have quite a collection. Although I wouldn't mind losing about 14lbs of them that are around my middle. 

When I die my collection of molecules will split up and make up new things.  

Settle down,  Sunshine. You've pierced me to the core. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

The fear of death is equally as profoundly detrimental.

I think fear of death is quite healthy.  It's what stops people jumping off cliffs, sticking their fingers in electric sockets etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah, so my next thought is, wow, I am physically a completely different person to what I used to be.

Can't remember the exact number, but there was an episode of QI that said there's no part of you that's older than about 14 or so.

Just now, BOF said:

Can't remember the exact number, but there was an episode of QI that said there's no part of you that's older than about 14 or so.

Good news: all parts are replaceable 

Bad news: they get replaced by ones of inferior quality 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think fear of death is quite healthy.  It's what stops people jumping off cliffs, sticking their fingers in electric sockets etc. 

I'm not suggesting we welcome it and invite it. I would however suggest it's what motivates kill or be killed. And that, is inviting death.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Also, then what does cause people to jump off cliffs, throw a toaster in the bath etc.?

Why must we have faith?

Have faith in yourself, always. Even when you cannot have it in others, the system, whatever. You must have it within yourself, otherwise the system, or other people have ultimately done what we feared might come to be true. That we become like them. You must have faith. You will find a way. Sweet dreams. Keep dreaming. Goodnight. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I wish my dodgy stomach would GTFO and replaced with a working one :D 

• Like 1

This could go in the TTPYOTS thread too. Just saw a TV ad for the film Marry Me starting JLo and Owen Wilson, and wondered why TF people still go to absolute arse water films like that for entertainment. It looks **** horrendous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

This could go in the TTPYOTS thread too. Just saw a TV ad for the film Marry Me starting JLo and Owen Wilson, and wondered why TF people still go to absolute arse water films like that for entertainment. It looks **** horrendous. 

I saw the trailer for that. Really felt like a throwback to 2004 with those two in it, seemingly playing roles that they were doing then. 

Not that I mind either of them, it was just a bit like “Huh, they’re still doing this sort of thing then I guess.”

Realistically, I have been posting on here for 13 years and I rarely keep my cards close to my chest, therefore it wouldn't be a massive surprise that I quite like the look of that Wilson Jlo film, probably watch it when it's available. 

Edited by Seat68

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Really felt like a throwback to 2004

This will get me every time. I can't imagine a 'throwback to 2004', because to me 2004 is, like, exactly the same as now. Throwbacks have to be earlier than circa 1990. 

Yeah, I know. 

Â