Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

When people are going to wake up to see that we spend our energy allowing what is intended and designed to bring us together to be at the heart and centre of what divides us as people.

Religion and cultural traditions are meant for unity and togetherness, not for the divorce of any chance of that being how it ends up.

And if I'm being real about my thoughts and feelings I'm wondering when it's going to be understood that racial conflict and holy wars are distractions from the real conflict of interest, and that is that society is so wholeheartedly entrenched in a narrative where the rich tell the middle class to blame the poor, and that it's money that solves problems so we must all sell ourselves as best we can to acquire it. We don't see how truly impoverished we are, then. Not just merely financially but more importantly spiritually and mentally. And to be reminded of these problems in our world today we often cast doubt upon the idea conspiracies can and do happen all too regularly, and we lash out on those that remind us of these problems by saying they are themselves conspiring to corrupt the integrity of our pure and benevolent system that is so far beyond what has ever been.

At least the native Americans had affinity as a philosophical principle to live by. I'm at risk of being on the wrong end someone's aggression if I simply delay them for a few moments longer than they were expecting. Madness.

Edited by A'Villan

On 26/01/2022 at 07:17, A'Villan said:

Religion and cultural traditions are meant for unity and togetherness, not for the divorce of any chance of that being how it ends up.

Really? Religion and cultural traditions are about reinforcing "in group" thinking and maintaining the religious and cultural (political) status quo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

Really? Religion and cultural traditions are about reinforcing "in group" thinking and maintaining the religious and cultural (political) status quo.

It's late @blandy and I'd love to be able to engage but I will get back to you later.

I'm not really talking about the institutions that hold authority over both though. 

Edited by A'Villan

55 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It's late @blandy and I'd love to be able to engage but I will get back to you later.

I'm not really talking about the institutions that hold authority over both though. 

Crack on my friend, at your own leisure  - you don't need my permission to talk to that nice @limpid :)

• Haha 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

They are luminous spheroids of plasma held together by their own gravity.

I almost was going to make comment on my thinking that a scientific explanation would follow, but I was anticipating @limpid might be quickest on the draw.

Not sure you've got me on this occasion though. As always, open to the possibility I'm just airing my ignorance. 

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If there's no life after death then what are the stars?

If there is life after death then what are the stars? This is a non sequitur.

Or are you suggesting that stars are alive? You would need to define what you mean by life.

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

If there is life after death then what are the stars? This is a non sequitur.

Or are you suggesting that stars are alive? You would need to define what you mean by life.

We are all a form of this universe experiencing itself.

Life, all that makes up the universe and this experience of it.

Edit: I will google non sequitur. And thanks for asking. 

Edited by A'Villan

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If we stopped telling people that life after death is better than life - people might expend more effort making life better.    

I am happy for religion to continue.  But its time we broke the connection between religion and state.  

The fear of death is equally as profoundly detrimental.

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I disagree.  My existence before I was born seemed OK to me.  I don't recall anything bad happening.  My existence after I die will be the same.  What's to be fearful of? 

Have you experienced death?

Edit: Also, I didn't suggest you yourself feared death. If that's the way it came across there has been a misunderstanding. 

Edited by A'Villan

20 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If we stopped telling people that life after death is better than life - people might expend more effort making life better.    

I am happy for religion to continue.  But its time we broke the connection between religion and state.  

I wish it (religion) was **** off altogether tbh. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I have experienced not being alive.  I wasn't alive for millions of years.  It just flew by.  

I don't feel there's much I can say to that. It strikes me as very clever though. 

• Like 1

Before I was conceived the molecules that made me were already in existence.  They were parts of other things.  

When I was conceived I began collecting molecules.  I am still collecting them today.  I have quite a collection. Although I wouldn't mind losing about 14lbs of them that are around my middle. 

When I die my collection of molecules will split up and make up new things.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

Â