Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Oh it does!

There's a little bridge in Tamworth, by the Audi garage, if I go over it at anything above 20-25, my tummy does gambols (as I used to say as a kid!). As @Seat68 says, I quite like it! 

I deliberately speed up at this same bridge because the missus hates it for the same reasons as you but dislike rather than like and take it around 40 to 50mph, I tend to distract her by talking to her so she does not realise it’s going to hit. Similar type bridge on the other way into Tamworth just down from the Fox So you can do both in one day if you’re crafty about it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've often wondered if soap is covered in some kind of protective coating to protect it in storage. 

When you start a new bar it takes a while for it to get a good lather from it. 

It would make sense as you could imagine if stored in damp conditions it could deteriorate. 

I realise in making this post I have opened up almost unlimited opportunities for ridicule but it is just something I have often wondered about. 

All the soap we buy here in Perth is usually in a wrapper.Usually the wrapper is made out of paper with a brand name on it.

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

All the soap we buy here in Perth is usually in a wrapper.Usually the wrapper is made out of paper with a brand name on it.

Yeah, it's in wrapping but damp conditions can probably get through wrapping. 

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've often wondered if soap is covered in some kind of protective coating to protect it in storage. 

When you start a new bar it takes a while for it to get a good lather from it. 

It would make sense as you could imagine if stored in damp conditions it could deteriorate. 

I realise in making this post I have opened up almost unlimited opportunities for ridicule but it is just something I have often wondered about. 

Bars of soap? Do you reside in some form of living museum?

Can't remember the last time we bought an actual bar of soap

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Bars of soap? Do you reside in some form of living museum?

Can't remember the last time we bought an actual bar of soap

I KNEW someone would bring this up. 

Yes, soap is 1/2 the price of shower gel and lathers 10 times better. 

I use shower gel on my hair though. 

• Confused 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I KNEW someone would bring this up. 

Yes, soap is 1/2 the price of shower gel and lathers 10 times better. 

And no plastic packaging. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â