Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Has anyone ever shit themselves in public here? I'm guessing Ruge has but I nearly did this week.If that toilet cubicle had been occupied then it would have been curtains for me

No.

I have pissed myself in public but I was about 8 at the time.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I've never seen Mock the Week. In what way is it different from HIGNFY? 

Mock the Week is more of a comedians doing bits if their set partly connected to the subject to HIGNFY's more knowingly satirical style.

It's a show with 6 Paul Mertons of varying quality who aren't as witty.

• Like 1

I switched over to Mock the Week once and it had Andy Parsons on and...

...that...was...enough...for...me*

*Stop it Andy, pausing between every word doesn't make you any funnier you annoying bald prick.

• Like 3

Mock the Week is absolutely terrible. It's not funny in the slightest, in fact it's cringingly unfunny. I hoped for better from the man who created Whose Line Is It Anyway? but I suppose it comes down to the talent the show has, of which Mock the Week has very little, Frankie Boyle included. He's just shocking rather than funny.

HIGNFY is far funnier and wittier, as is QI.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Anything with Wonky Gob Russel Howard is bad.

True, can't stand him.  Luckily I have been able to avoid him on telly for the last few years and had completely forgotten about him.  Mock The Week is ok, the premise is good with the 'improv' rounds making it slightly different to HIGNFY but I think I'd prefer them to bring back Who's Line Is It Anyway.  Not sure whether there enough good comedians around to make it work.

I like Russel Howard , I find him likeable and his show appeals to my sense of humour

but then I don't find Stewart Lee funny which apparently makes me a bad person  as well as excluding me from offering opinions on comedians .... 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I like Russel Howard , I find him likeable and his show appeals to my sense of humour

but then I don't find Stewart Lee funny which apparently makes me a bad person  as well as excluding me from offering opinions on comedians .... 

Pretty much. ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

When did girls decide that having a fat arse was now a good thing that they were going to call a bubble butt?

I think you'll find Sir Mix-a-lot (I'm assuming he got his title by being a Tory donor?) decided that in the 90s.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, legov said:

Why does Little Miss Sunshine speak with an American accent?

Same reason Peter Rabbit and friends (living in the English Lake District) speak with American accents. It's OK though, because all the EVIL characters have British accents. :angry:

On 12/09/2016 at 16:25, Seat68 said:

I have warmed to Russell Howard recently. He did a sitcom at christmas that I found pretty good. Didn't care too much for his good news thing. 

I've gone the other way with him.  Liked him when he first came out and even went to see him, then he just suddenly became kind of, well, shit.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â