Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Just now, useless said:

I sometimes likes posts to add a bit of gravitas to them, especially in the music threads. Or sometimes to cheer people up.

Funny you should say that.. I've been feeling pretty sad for the last 2 minutes :(:(:(  Oh woe is me.

Not that I'm keeping score but my most liked post is one where I said that I don't know what I'm talking about. When I feel sad I just imagine I'm dead.

Edited by useless
You've gotta get more alive.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, useless said:

Not that I'm keeping score but my most liked post is one where I said that I don't know what I'm talking about. When I feel sad I just imagine I'm dead.

You must be the poster I like the most.  You're hilarious, intentionally or not.

14 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Just why did the ed 209 scream when falling down the stairs .......its a robot right ......

"It's speech center can synthesize human voices for peacekeeping matters, or animal sounds when injured or angry (it growls like a jaguar when enraged and the one who fought RoboCop [on two occasions] squealed like a pig when it fell down the flight of stairs and couldn't get back up), possibly for use on the battlefield in a similar application to a battle siren."

From Robocop Wikipedia. You're welcome (and because I wanted to know too :))

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

"It's speech center can synthesize human voices for peacekeeping matters, or animal sounds when injured or angry (it growls like a jaguar when enraged and the one who fought RoboCop [on two occasions] squealed like a pig when it fell down the flight of stairs and couldn't get back up), possibly for use on the battlefield in a similar application to a battle siren."

Its. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Was at the game yesterday, and there were a bunch of lads next to me. They arrived 10 minutes late, they went inside on 35 minutes, they came back 10 minutes after kick off and **** off on 87 minutes.

They spent the entire game talking about all manner of mundane subjects, everything except for what was happening on the pitch or the team.

What are they doing there? Is this what the DE stand is like on a 3pm kick off?

Back to the Holte I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Was at the game yesterday, and there were a bunch of lads next to me. They arrived 10 minutes late, they went inside on 35 minutes, they came back 10 minutes after kick off and **** off on 87 minutes.

They spent the entire game talking about all manner of mundane subjects, everything except for what was happening on the pitch or the team.

yep, it's always easy to predict the ones you'll have to stand up for to let out early - they're the same ones you had to stand up for to let in late.

They are the same people that park right next to you in a car park with 500 empty spaces.

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I was extremely supportive the whole game, singing songs and all that shite.

Anyway on about 75 mins we had a throw in.  Now, I've mentioned before and I know other people have mentioned that Villa must be the worst team in the universe when it comes to throw in's. 

The throw in was completely harmless, on the half-way line.  Cissokho took it.  He had 2 options, Westwood being one.  I like Westwood most of the time.  Yes, he has bad games, but he is usually decent.  But at this particular moment he turned his back to the throw in, when he could have received it, and quickly passed it back. So I said;  "Jesus Westwood, do something!"

It was at this moment the guy sat next to me, who was half cooked on shandy bass turned round and said "DO SOMETHING?! Mate, he's been the best player on the pitch!!"

So I said, "He should have wanted that a bit quicker".

At which point, this guy had already started explaining to his fat ginger mate how much of a prick I was (:lol:  fair point probably).  Anyway his fat, ginger mate started "What'chu on about? He's the best" and then the original bloke said "You're one of these Westwood haters ain't ya?" Then for some reason mimicked sniffing glue in a bag and exclaimed "You gotta stop sniffing glue mate".

Must have been his dad or summat, **** prick.  That annoyed me.  I wonder why he was such a knobhead.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

I wonder if this is the reason I don't go any more. I used to be wary of away fans being hostile but on more than one occasion I've left a home pub before kick off or had to bite my lip sitting in my seat in case I blurt out my frustration at a player's miscontrol or poor choice, only to have some hero square up to me as if I'd just called his missus a swamp moose.

A symptom of society today I guess but it's still stops me from going. I mean, we all get wrapped up in the emotions of a game and shout out various comments/insults...as long as it isn't racist/homophobic etc., I think it's just a quick release of annoyance.

I just don't want to looking over my shoulder for the incoming slap just because Westwood delivered another pee poor corner  :wacko:

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I wonder if this is the reason I don't go any more....

I wouldn't have minded had I been negative constantly.  Moaning for moaning's sake, I get that, I've been a few times and been surrounded by them.  They're infuriating.

The thing that pissed me off, was that it was literally the only thing I said "Argh, come on, a bit quicker and we have another attack!" all game.  Bell piece. He seemed apologetic at the end of the game as I passed him too. 

The real wonder is how the hell Villa got a crowd of 33k for their first home game in the Championship, which is the culmination of 6 years of decline and one of the worst relegation seasons in football history?

It was a better crowd than Villa were getting when they won stuff and had a good team back in the 1990s.

The question is why, in defiance of a chronically miserable match-day experiences, the customers keep coming back?

Worse product, higher prices, miserable experience.

It just seems to defy everything which is assumed about how customers are supposed to behave.

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The real wonder is how the hell Villa got a crowd of 33k for their first home game in the Championship, which is the culmination of 6 years of decline and one of the worst relegation seasons in football history?

It was a better crowd than Villa were getting when they won stuff and had a good team back in the 1990s.

The question is why, in defiance of a chronically miserable match-day experiences, the customers keep coming back?

It just seems to defy everything which is assumed about how customers are supposed to behave.

Maybe more people living in Birmingham now then in the 1990s.

7 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Football is seen as 'cooler' now than it was when we were runners up in 89-90 and 92-93. 

Blame Euro 96, Sky Sports and the emergence of Beckham! :P

On 14/08/2016 at 09:01, rodders0223 said:

See this so many times and just don't understand it. You are basically paying to get into the most expensive pub in the world to pay massively inflated prices on awful beer. Why not just meet up down the local? 

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â