Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

To die is to draw one's last breath, during which time I'd presume one is still capable of thinking.

Why would you presume that? As your body is shutting down brain function is the first thing to go, being the huge energy drain that it is.

Can everyone shut the **** up about dying today? :lol:

One of the nicest days of the year let's talk about ice cream, childhood memories and artichokes :)

Yeah, Because no-one lives anywhere else :)

People who stand in front of trains to commit suicide. Would they feel anything when the train hits them. Would the brain shut down that fast so as to not feel a thing. Otherwise thats gonna hurt and hurt bad 

On a tangent. If you simply have to commit suicide (and you probably don't, but that's a separate discussion altogether) then please don't involve other people in it. It's the train driver I primarily feel sorry for in that situation. What an awful experience.

• Like 1

People who stand in front of trains to commit suicide. Would they feel anything when the train hits them. Would the brain shut down that fast so as to not feel a thing. Otherwise thats gonna hurt and hurt bad 

If the train is moving at speed, there won't be time for the nerves to pass signals to the brain. Nerves are slow.

On a tangent. If you simply have to commit suicide (and you probably don't, but that's a separate discussion altogether) then please don't involve other people in it. It's the train driver I primarily feel sorry for in that situation. What an awful experience.

I am one and I have had one. It wasn't the best day at work I have had!

Was it like being pelted with a giant red water balloon?

This is terrible and amazing in equal measure. 

I have never been pelted with a giant red water balloon so I'm afraid I can't say with any certainty 

I have never been pelted with a giant red water balloon so I'm afraid I can't say with any certainty 

Did it make you jump?

I jumped the other day when a pebble kicked up from the road and made a small crack in my windscreen, I ducked because of it.

Did the train slow down at all? Or did it not even register?

We take out a fair few birds so it didn't really make me jump as such. Although a human makes a much bigger bang than a pigeon!

I was doing 75 and it was on a level crossing. He jumped the barriers and dived head first into the train. I didn't really have much time to react before he hit as I only had him in my eyeline for about 4 seconds. Didn't even have enough time to swerve out the way  ;)

We take out a fair few birds so it didn't really make me jump as such. Although a human makes a much bigger bang than a pigeon!

I was doing 75 and it was on a level crossing. He jumped the barriers and dived head first into the train. I didn't really have much time to react before he hit as I only had him in my eyeline for about 4 seconds. Didn't even have enough time to swerve out the way  ;)

Well he thought of a love unrequited

And he thought of a life full of pain

It’s a pity he didn’t spare a thought for

The poor bastard driving the train

Nigel Blackwell - HMHB

• Like 3

Can everyone shut the **** up about dying today? :lol:

One of the nicest days of the year let's talk about ice cream, childhood memories and artichokes :)

I'll artichoke you to death!

• Like 1

You didn't tootle your horn melodically enough, did you?

:(

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â