Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I was a vegetarian from about 1981 to 2000. Still eat a few vegetarian meals just because they are good tasty grub. Nothing more glorious on a cold day than big hot pot of spuds, tomatoes, chick peas, leeks, stock and paprika. 

There you go, I've said it.

I like Goats cheese salad so much, I've happily eaten it whilst people around me have had good lookin' steaks.

Salads are great, when they're done right, and the portion sizes are upped a little to make up for the lack of something stodgy.

Bought the other half a juicer for Christmas. It's pretty cool.

Rarely in the mood to eat fruit like apples and oranges, but waste annoys me.

Anything overstaying its welcome in the fruit bowl is getting blitzed.

Unfortunately she's worked out that I was deliberately letting bananas go brown, so they'd get turned into loaf.

I can just about tolerate eating a banana in its untreated form. But ANYTHING banana flavoured - banana split, banana loaf, banana Weetabix, etc. makes me want to vomit.

Funnily enough I feel the same way about bananas.

I love most fruit, and I love bananas.

But banana flavoured stuff is usually horrible. A banana milkshake is disgusting.

Weirdly (or boring-ly) I'm the opposite with coconut. Love the flavour, hate the actual fruit (nut?)

I had the dreaded Delhi belly when  I was in India ..my mate assured me a Banana would stop the runs 

I chomped down on a mouthful of banana and nearly choked , vilest thing I've ever put in my mouth , i couldn't chew on it and swallowing it was out the question .....  in the end i mashed it up and bit and got it down with a drink

but I'll never make that mistake again  ...

I can just about tolerate eating a banana in its untreated form. But ANYTHING banana flavoured - banana split, banana loaf, banana Weetabix, etc. makes me want to vomit.

Banana "flavour" is usually isoamyl acetate which to many people smells like banana, but doesn't taste like it. I'm surprised you list banana split as that's just a banana.

Banana "flavour" is usually isoamyl acetate which to many people smells like banana, but doesn't taste like it. I'm surprised you list banana split as that's just a banana.
I know about the 'chemical' banana flavouring, and it is indeed disgusting. But I have the same problem with stuff made with real bananas, like banana cake, etc.

I do eat the occasional banana, but I think what annoys me about a banana split is that I do love the taste of the cream/ice cream and chocolate - and the banana adulterates it.

I know about the 'chemical' banana flavouring, and it is indeed disgusting. But I have the same problem with stuff made with real bananas, like banana cake, etc.

I do eat the occasional banana, but I think what annoys me about a banana split is that I do love the taste of the cream/ice cream and chocolate - and the banana adulterates it.

Ah, so it's psychological :)

Ah, so it's psychological :)
Well, in a sense. You could say that a great deal of the whole smell /taste experience is psychological.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â