Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Where does the term 'Scotch' come from to describe things from Scotland? Shouldn't it just be Scottish?

Assuming that you're not trolling, it is. Scotch is a drink.

Where does the term 'Scotch' come from to describe things from Scotland?  Shouldn't it just be Scottish?

Isn't it to just a shortened version of Scottish? I would only use it in reference to whisky, pies and eggs etc though. I'd never use it to refer to a generic Scottish item. That is unless I intentionally wanted to upset someone Scottish. 

Edited by dAVe80

Where does the term 'Scotch' come from to describe things from Scotland?  Shouldn't it just be Scottish?

I got it from the "Scotch Mist" episode of Darkplace.

Oh, in that case I have seen it before but it didn't register. I wouldn't take anything Garth Marenghi says particularly seriously though.

Isn't it to just a shortened version of Scottish? I would only use it in reference to whisky, pies and eggs etc though. I'd never use it to refer to a generic Scottish item. That is unless I intentionally wanted to upset someone Scottish. 

Yes, calling Scotch people Scotch winds them up, so it should of course be done as a matter of course!

• Like 2

Are sharknados real

According to Dr. Tara Reid it's possible.

"I mean, the chances of it happening are very rare, but it can happen actually. Which is crazy. Not that it – the chances of it are, like, you know, it's like probably 'pigs could fly'. Like, I don't think pigs could fly, but actually sharks could be stuck in tornados. There could be a sharknado."

• Like 2

zsmFJyg.gif

zsmFJyg.gif

It's OK Troon. I love Scotchland and the Scotch people. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â